Flame kissed chicken tacos and a few other pics

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Evening folks....busy weekend but I managed to use the webers a couple times...started off Saturday in search for some king salmon...weather was too nice I guess..fish were not biting but here is a couple senic pics...

Ok so on to some cooking....Sunday am needed some fuel for chores so I whipped up some spam and eggs(I know I know...spam is terrible stuff....I do love it with eggs and tortillas thought!)

Got some small pork bellies last week and had a craving for some real home made hickory bacon...5 days in Mr. Correll's bacon recipe and one day of air drying..

Done this many times but I have never smoked it on the hanging rack so I tried it today!!

And all done...about 4 hours at 150 to 170 under some hickory and then into the chill box to sit for a few day!! Thanks again Bob for this great recipe!!

And that leads us to dinner...was craving some flame kissed chicken so I soaked some thighs in some carne Asada seasoning, beer and lemon juice for about six hours and tossed them on a hot weber grill!

To be continued...

Here is the flame kissed part...

Added some sweet peppers and onion and heated up some corn tortillas!!

And served up with some pintos simmered all day and sautéed corn and peppers...good stuff let me tell ya!!

And that was it folks...have a great week and catch ya later!!

Take care

I really ask myself how can you resist with such a killer bacon in the near chili box for few days?. I couldn't resist hours, not days!

Some mighty fine cooks Morgan. Your photos are always great. Like the fishing shots, bummer the salmon weren't biting. There's a lot of line out on your downrigger, you musta been pretty deep?

Morgan, everything you cook is always awesome but that bacon and the chicken WOW!! Yummy all the way around oh yes pics are fantastic.:D

Some mighty fine cooks Morgan. Your photos are always great. Like the fishing shots, bummer the salmon weren't biting. There's a lot of line out on your downrigger, you musta been pretty deep?

Chuck we normally fish anywhere from 30 to 150 ft...we had this one down to 100 trying to vary depths!

Back