First Rotisserie Cook

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
Wife got me the Weber rotisserie for Christmas and tonight was it's maiden voyage...

Trussed the chicken following the steps given in the video midway down this page...
11597003624_320fea05da_o.jpg

The Performer was fired up and ready to go. Pardon the coal dust on the grill lid-- it's been bitterly cold outside all month and I haven't had the nerve to go out and give it a good cleaning!
11597003224_90e9c836e5_o.jpg

Added a little more rub and then, round and round this bird will go...
11597002634_77df8dbe34_o.jpg

Here we are just short of an hour, temps from my instant-read thermometer were showing it was just about time to pull...
11597461136_0a2828d19b_o.jpg

Final product...
11597460626_53b1c7e51a_o.jpg

Very happy with the results. The breast meat could have been a little more moist, but I would not say it was overdone. I neither injected nor brined the bird beforehand, so I know I can prevent that from happening again. Skin was great-- not rubbery at all.

Matt chicken looks delicious. The link to "dad cooks dinner is cool he has a few recipes that are easy to do.

I'm going to save my pennies and buy a rotisserie. Santa didn't get me one this year.

Matt chicken looks delicious. The link to "dad cooks dinner is cool he has a few recipes that are easy to do.

I'm going to save my pennies and buy a rotisserie. Santa didn't get me one this year.

Me too! Got one for the gasser but it's not the same as charcoal.

Looks great Matt. Congrats on the new toy. I have one coming in and can't wait to try it out. Hope my first attempt looks as good as yours.

I just got my roto about a two months ago, and I love it! Brining the chicken makes it way juicer. Try a pprk loin too, it's awesome on the roto!
Great lookin bird and great score on your new toy!

Back