First Pork Shoulder 2023

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Never make this enough. It was about 9LBS going on the grill and it took 17 hours to cook. 13 hours on the WSM and the remaining 4 hours on the SmokeFire
Used diet coke with rum for the spritzer and Killer Hogs rub. My wife's famous slaw. The poor Gus got cooked thinking that the pork was done, only to have to wait for an hour, still good though

Never make this enough. It was about 9LBS going on the grill and it took 17 hours to cook. 13 hours on the WSM and the remaining 4 hours on the SmokeFire
Used diet coke with rum for the spritzer and Killer Hogs rub. My wife's famous slaw. The poor Gus got cooked thinking that the pork was done, only to have to wait for an hour, still good though

Looks mighty tasty Chuck!

I like the rum aspect too, I’ve got several to try, I don’t spritz but as a glaze, I might try it.
I will need to get some butts on soon!

17 hours…wow. Looks awesome! Shoulders are so good I sometimes wonder why I don’t do them as often either. But then I don’t always have the hours needed to commit to the cook!

17 hr cook....yikes...the results are in.. = darn nice looking pork shoulder, Gus didn't stand a chance.

I like the idea of Rum in the spritzer. {snip}
I‘ve been learning to use alcohol in some of my cooks.
I’m gonna have to give rum a try.
Rum is a good to, specifically Spice Rum when cooking Pork Ribs & Shoulders. Another good alcohol is Jack Daniels and their Honey Jack

Back