First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet Parts Swap Thread

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
The First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet is a great opportunity to swap/sell some grill parts without having to pay shipping. I am starting this thread as a place to request and offer parts for trade. Things like grill lids, manifolds, side tables, handles, end caps, side burners etc... can all be traded and sold without having to pay double their value in shipping costs. It could be an entire SS Platinum Genesis frame, but it doesn't have be large parts either. Maybe a NG orifice or valve is all you need. Maybe a weber lid badge or special knob.

I thought it would be good if people posted parts they are looking for in this thread and anyone else can contact them to arrange a deal to swap or buy it from them at the meet. Don't be the guy that shows up at the meet and says "Damn, I wish I knew you had one of those, I would have loved to buy it from you".

I for one will be bringing an entire Genesis Junior down and some other parts to trade with Jon for other parts.

What are you looking for?

Besides what Bruce and I are doing, I can bring some additional parts. I have a lot of Silver and some Gold parts or all kinds. I am on the lookout for earlier Genesis 1-5 or x000 parts, even if not perfect. Also, I have a 300 series sidewinder that I would like to get a useable left side frame for.

Finally, those of you also interested in Broilmaster, let me know what you need. I have a LOT. I am looking for useable carts - either stainless or painted and I like the old wood shelves.

I have a lot of manifolds, both NG and LP for both Silver and 1000 grills. I have some parts from the two Platinum style grills Weber made back in the late 90's and again in the early 2000's. I have some lids I could part with, cook boxes, end caps, maybe some thermoset tables, both top and swing tables, some tank scales, and other general parts. I have some parts off an E310, I think sidewinder (no frame) and a cook box and other frame parts off a generation II E310. I have various nuts, bolts washers, plastic clips, propane fittings, etc.....
But, it is best to just post what you are looking for and let others chime in if they can help you.

Does anyone have 7 slats of grey durawood that they would be willing to part with?

I have to see my inventory and see what I can bring for the meet.

I wish I could help you out. I have some, but I have about 9 or 10 Genesis 1000 grills that need shelves and I am not wanting to fab up the wood pieces.

I wish I could help you out. I have some, but I have about 9 or 10 Genesis 1000 grills that need shelves and I am not wanting to fab up the wood pieces.

I totally get it. This is for my personal grill, when I built my 3000, I had to take slats from other grills. Now that I want a second Gen 1000, I'm missing some.

I don't want to fab up wood pieces, but it looks like I may have to.

Jon, I think I have you covered. I have one of the older stands and two of the newer style. Which are you interested in?
This is the older style stand that is with a Q100 I just sold. Is this the one you are looking for?

Oh, I also have one of those Q3xx style stands for a Q2xx as well. I would be a little more hard pressed to part with that one though.

I looked and I don't think I have any casters for a an E3xx grill. Do they have a different sized leg insert than the Silver B/1000 grills?
I do have two or three knobs I could probably part with though.

Last edited:
Bruce, that's the one. Looks like the trading is already lining up!

Let the fun begin in just one month!!!

The stand in the pictures was actually sold but I have another 1. I will need to clean it up

For people attending the meetup, what is the appetite for Genesis 1000 parts?

Ie, firebox, lids, end caps, regulators, frames. I'm still going through what I will have left over, but wanted to see if there are people that need this parts.

Does anyone have 7 slats of grey durawood that they would be willing to part with?

I have to see my inventory and see what I can bring for the meet.
I won't be going to this meetup but I do have 6 grey durawood slats. If someone else in CT is going, maybe they could pick them up from me.

Last edited:
For people attending the meetup, what is the appetite for Genesis 1000 parts?

Ie, firebox, lids, end caps, regulators, frames. I'm still going through what I will have left over, but wanted to see if there are people that need this parts.
Alex,
Thanks for the post. I am always interested in 1-5 or x000 Genesis parts. I hope to bring some Silver/Gold parts to swap with and/or I would consider buying some.

Alex,
Thanks for the post. I am always interested in 1-5 or x000 Genesis parts. I hope to bring some Silver/Gold parts to swap with and/or I would consider buying some.

That sounds good. I wasn't sure if people would be interested in these parts, but I'll make sure I bring them. I'll make a list of what I have as well in the coming weeks.

I will bring some random parts as well along with the stuff I have already promise individuals that I would be bringing.

Hopefully someone will be able to stop by my house. I have some good frame parts, a scale or 2 and I think some other random pieces I was planning on bringing. I may not be home at the time but I will leave the pieces where easily accessed. I don't even remember how I got a lot of the stuff as rehabbing Weber grills for anything other than to give to family was never in my purview. So I'll dipped I don't know how I came into some of the stuff. Anyway I was going to bring it to either swap, sell or give away.

Back