First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet Parts Swap Thread

Larry, I will certainly try to work it into my plans on my way down on the 18th. When plans firm up a bit more, we can try to work it out.

Sure thing. You got my # so no worries. Even if I am not here I will set it up like you did with that rotisserie when my wife and her sister stopped at your house.

Larry,
Consider me a back up for Bruce. One way or the other we will get you covered. Just wish you could be there🙁.

I have a brand new GREEN Performer lid and bowl still in boxes along with a brand new gas assist burner. I also have an OK 18" WSM. I have manifolds for Silver B/C grills both NG and LP. I have LP Genesis 1000 manifolds. I have lids for Silver B's and 1000's of various colors. A couple green ones, burnt orange, gray with pin stripes and others. I have a couple sand blasted genesis 1000 cook boxes. I have some Silver B end handles and Thermoset tables. I have a couple kettle lids and bowls I would let go that are in OK shape. All of the above I would be willing to sell or swap at the meet. I will only bring what people might be interested in however. If you are interested in anything, let me know. But this is only for swapping and selling at the meet. No shipping.

Let me know if you want some photos of particular items.

Bruce or Jon whoever stops by my house I will have some good frame pieces, a scale, wheels, even some good to near new original U shaped 304SS grates. I think a control panel or two in decent to very good shape for 1st generation Genesis units

I have a bunch of Genesis 1000 parts I would be willing to let go of. Some durawood, z bars, flip table slides, manifolds, tank scales, wheels, lids, etc...
But again, no shipping. I will bring the parts to the Midwest grill meet if you let me know what you are interested in. I will not ship any.

Might Bring along - I know someone with a surplus store that carries official Weber mechandise, that is more peripheral in nature, like brushes, gloves, micro towels, etc. It's heavily iscounted. Let me know if you think there would be any interest, I would just be passing it along as a favor to him to reduce inventory. I would be interested in Cast Iron grates, I have friends that prefer these over SS, and also systems that would idr gas to light chips that would then be primary heat source (extra grate under main grate?). They don't like lighter fluid.

Also - I am coming with a friend who's wife asked how many other women/families are coming......my wife is not coming. Any takers? My answer, it's mostly a guy thing, but there could be some newlyweds in the mix. Let me know, I can pass along to her to validate. Thanks. Also, have an Orange/Brown 1000/Gold/3 Burner Top if anyone is interested.

Making my Registration Happen tonight! Thanks.

Jon Tofte is the one to ask, but I am pretty sure at least one member is bringing their wife/significant other.

Might Bring along - I know someone with a surplus store that carries official Weber mechandise, that is more peripheral in nature, like brushes, gloves, micro towels, etc. It's heavily iscounted. Let me know if you think there would be any interest, I would just be passing it along as a favor to him to reduce inventory. I would be interested in Cast Iron grates, I have friends that prefer these over SS, and also systems that would idr gas to light chips that would then be primary heat source (extra grate under main grate?). They don't like lighter fluid.

Making my Registration Happen tonight! Thanks.
I have a couple sets of CI grates. I think one is Genesis E3xx and one is Silver B/1000. They are rusty, but just surface rust and will clean up easily. If interested, let me know.

If you can come up with some photos and a list of Weber items that the guy has along with prices, that would help a lot.

FWIW if I had been able to come wife was going to be with me. Of course she has already met Bruce, Jon and Gerry. So I guess she felt like she was already "part of the family" :D

Sure wish Barb and I could attend, but Friday I'm having foot surgery and will be laid up for 6-8 weeks. I would pounce on Bruce's Green performer lid & bowl. Been looking for those for a couple of years. Want to match the performer with my greenie Gen 2000.
Anyways wish those going a happy experience and lots of fun and for sure some good chow.

So Bruce, going through the garage and getting stuff together. So it'll be all ready for when you can get it. If you're coming the day before maybe we can kick back with a cold one

Plans are to head down Friday some time. I am thinking early afternoon to be rolling by your place. I will let you know as the day approaches and I can firm up plans.

Back