First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet is a GO

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
We are cleared for Take Off. It is OFFICIAL.
Upper Midwest Meet Announcement2.jpg
Link to PM Jon Tofte for payment coordination: https://tvwbb.com/conversations/add?to=Jon+Tofte

Link to Chain-O-Lakes State Park: Park Web site: https://www2.illinois.gov/dnr/Parks/Activity/Pages/ChainOLakes.aspx
Link to camping reservation site: https://camp.exploremoreil.com/location/236)

Feel free to post in this thread with any comments or questions. You can PM either Jon or I as well
Private Message JON
Private Message BRUCE
But, we encourage discussion in this thread. Many others may have the same questions and comments that you do.

Here is the old "tentative" list of those who planned to attend. Those on the list should contact Jon and get themselves transitioned to the OFFICIAL status ASAP. Any other members are also encouraged to do the same.

Grill meet map.jpg

BruceLyndon Station, Juneau County, Wisconsin
Dave in KCKansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
Jon TofteBrazil, Clay County, Indiana
Jeff VarchminBartlett, Cook County, Illinois
Greg MSpringfield, Greene County, Missouri
LMichealsRockford, Winnebago County, Illinois
G SchaferLake Villa, Lake County, Illinois
Rick WHollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania
Brian B AtlantaAtlanta, Fulton County, Georgia
Dave MazzBlue Grass, Scott County, Iowa
MMaetzoldSt. Cloud, Stearns County, Minnesota
Timothy F. LewisKalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan
JimZBarrington, Cook County, Illinois
TonyS T-BoneWestern Springs, Cook County, Illinois
Alex HanMadison, Dane County, Wisconsin
John Johnson-2Manteno, Kankakee County, Illinois
Kelly COlathe, Johnson County, Kansas
Daniel CortesEvergreen Park, Cook County, Illinois
Dave_CVersailles, Woodford County, Kentucky
M CrawDes Moines, Polk County, Iowa
Brad OlsonStoughton, Dane County, Wisconsin

Well, that weekend is the early summer celebration for my wife’s son, and both of my grandchildren, so, I’m not going to be able to make this one boys and grills! Shoot, a week either side would have been fine.
Aside from the time we are at the cottage (thank you dear sister in law!) that is probably the only weekend that is a hard and fast devoted to the family weekend! Damn!

Timothy, that is regrettable. We had to come up with a date and we didn't want to go too early in June due to graduations and some kids still being in school and we didn't want to get too late into June and start messing with July 4th holiday activities. That is kind of how we came up with the 19th.

I think you were the only Michigan representative on the list. That means you have to find at least one replacement. ;)

Timothy, that is regrettable. We had to come up with a date and we didn't want to go too early in June due to graduations and some kids still being in school and we didn't want to get too late into June and start messing with July 4th holiday activities. That is kind of how we came up with the 19th.

I think you were the only Michigan representative on the list. That means you have to find at least one replacement. ;)
Aah, I get it! Find a replacement!
I fully appreciate the consideration of graduations the subsequent holiday festivities but, we all know and appreciate the value of family. This has been a tough year for everyone, family and friends alike, I have missed gathering but, until I’m vaccinated, I’d prefer not to have a group get together. By June I think most folks will be pretty well squared away.
This party of mine didn’t happen last year and the kids (as well as Grandma) really missed it. So, I will search out a replacement representative from the great state of Michigan, I have one guy in mind but, he has been acting as my souls chef for the last couple of things and I would miss his company. We shall see what/who I can find!
I know a lot of thought goes into setting a shindig like this up, even though it looks like I might not make it, I will be using pretty much every piece of grilling equipment in the stable that day and my thoughts will be with you all!
Someone will just have to have a beer for me and I want a GOOD set of pictures of the festivities! Group photo, feasting, the whole shebang!

Timothy: I totally get the family thing. I am just glad that you will have the opportunity to do your thing with them this year. They come first IMO. I am sure there will be plenty of photos and videos taken and posted up after the event so people who cannot attend can feel like they have some kind of connection.

Hey guys, don't forget about carpooling. Some of you guys might be a little ways away, but a lot of you know members in your local areas and maybe you could get together and call it a road trip.

I hope a bunch of you can be there for this kick-off first year!

Please also submit ideas for activities/demonstrations we can do while there. We would love some volunteers for that, too!

I think Bruce might show us how he has been doing plastic dyeing, and if we ask him really nicely he might even add a magic show to his presentation:D.

Last edited:
Say it ain't so...:cry: Unfortunately, that weekend I am already committed to Indy Car racing at Road America. Dang. I was already shopping for a cargo carrier to bring up my Jr....I'll be there in spirit however. Please designate a "forum fotographer"
Tony

Say it ain't so...:cry: Unfortunately, that weekend I am already committed to Indy Car racing at Road America. Dang. I was already shopping for a cargo carrier to bring up my Jr....I'll be there in spirit however. Please designate a "forum fotographer"
Tony
Yeah, I'm going to miss that too.
But, I can go to that next year too.
This get together will be the the ONLY first annual VWBB get together. History is being made! Minstrels will sing about us! Imagine if Thomas Jefferson skipped signing the Declaration of Independence so he could attend the annual horse race!
God County and Weber!
Where are your priorities, man?!

Just kidding. I love watching races there!
Have a brat and beer for us!

Gerry

Representation from some meat ranchers, not saying they should give away a ton of products. But, be there to offer things to grill!
Yes, on the dyeing workshop from Bruce!
I just had an idea for something, I need to talk with a few people about something...

Hey, Jim Lampe, are you going?

Back