Filet Mignon...on sale? Why yes!

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Don't you love those trips to the grocery store where you're just planning on buying some milk, and you somehow come home with a bunch of filet mignons? Normally, I don't go out of my way for beef tenderloin, but if it's on sale for a reasonable price, I will certainly partake.

The filets were dry-brined overnight with kosher salt, then seasoned with freshly ground pepper before hitting the grill. These guys were reverse seared over lump charcoal until an internal temperature of 135°F, with some grilled potatoes along for the ride.

Here are some plated photos. Overall, the cook went smoothly, the steaks came out according to plan, and the family was happy with the results. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

I'm not a big filet person but those look really good. More marbling than I'm used to seeing in filets so I bet they were good. Nice job on the cook.

Terrific looking Filets Jerome. Nice job. I like filets of their tenderness but I find they need a little help in the flavor department so I like to go Argentinian and add a chimichurri Sauce.

NAILED!!

24uz5s3.jpg

Back