Favorite Store Bought Sauce

Kenny S

TVWBB Fan
My favorite suace is an Eastern NC vinegar based sauce made by some local boy scouts. My favorite store bought sauce is Sweet Baby Ray's regular. Just curious as to what others buy?

Kroger's Thick & Spicy is both tasty and cheap. I bought some Jesse James sauce in LaPorte IN last year that was very good but can't find any locally nor on Google.

Last edited:
I also like Open Pit just for the simple reason that is not so sweet. It also makes a real nice base to 'improve' on when making your own.

Blues Hog original for most items. Blues Hog Tennessee Red for pulled pork. Starting to experiment with Head Country original, as a base.

Bob

Sweet Baby Ray's is a good starter sauce to play with. I also like the Famous Dave sauces but they are way too expensive.

I also like Open Pit just for the simple reason that is not so sweet. It also makes a real nice base to 'improve' on when making your own.

Agree! I almost always doctor it up a bit , but it's even good right out of the bottle.

I think that sweet baby rays is a good base sauce and you can buy it a costco. If I want something that isn;t sweet I make my own.

I like Blues Hog and Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet. Sometimes I mix both with Sweet Baby Ray's s Sweet and Spicy....not bad

Second for sticky fingers. I use carolina sweet or memphis original for ribs, but they have a good mustard sauce also. One of my goals this year is to make my own

Back