Favorite "not so usual" pizza topping

Fish of one type or another I think is pretty dang tasty on pizza. Unfortunately, my family doesn't like it, and I never see it on menus around these parts. I make my own once in while.

Hmm, I think I'd really like to try that. Details possi?
Sauce is simple. A 28oz. can of San Marzano tomatoes. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. 1T dried oregano. 2 anchovies fillets, minced. Salt and pepper. Take it for a whirl in the food processor until smoothish.

Every once in a while I'll add up to a teaspoon of sugar if the tomatoes are on the acidic side. Usually proper San Marzano tomatoes are not an issue but sometimes the alternatives can be rather acidic.

A 28oz. can of San Marzano tomatoes. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. 1T dried oregano. 2 anchovies fillets, minced. Salt and pepper. Take it for a whirl in the food processor until smoothish.
Man, don't tell people there's anchovies in your sauce. They'll just go ewwwwwwww. I'm one of those people, really not a fan of the small dead fishies. Doggone, they are indispensable for some things, though.

Lessee, unusual toppings..... we do like the occasional Hawaiian pizza with pineapple. Otherwise, I tend to stick to more traditional pies. I've had an Athenian pizza (Pagosa Brewing and Grill, Pagosa Springs, CO, *HIGHLY* recommended,) with artichoke hearts & olives. Shoot, that's no longer on their menu apparently. My g/f..... aside from the little dead fishies, she'll eat nearly anything, especially vege.

Speaking of Cauliflower, my Wife ordered Cauliflower crust pizza the other day.
She's doing the keto thing. I tried a slice, not bad, not bad at all!

I’ve always wondered…Do you (generally (not you specifically, Timothy) consider “not bad” the same as “good”? Personally, I think “not bad” is a lesser category than “good”.

I think your son is a -- damn! was about to use a mild term probably politically incorrect in today's culture. Oh well. Unless smoked first, I ain't putting hotdogs on pizza!

(Yep -- I Googled it and not gonna say that.)
Just saw this. Not sure whether you're saying this in jest or not, but I won't tolerate you calling my children names, regardless of how "mild" it may be.

Sauce is simple. A 28oz. can of San Marzano tomatoes. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. 1T dried oregano. 2 anchovies fillets, minced. Salt and pepper. Take it for a whirl in the food processor until smoothish.

Every once in a while I'll add up to a teaspoon of sugar if the tomatoes are on the acidic side. Usually proper San Marzano tomatoes are not an issue but sometimes the alternatives can be rather acidic.
Excellent! Although I’d put more garlic in.
But 2 anchovy fillets are enough to add an underlying flavor, and you’re right, they wouldn’t be noticed.

I’ve been, uh, ‘encouraged’ to grill/roast the Zucchini crust pizza from the old Moosewood cookbook (vegetarian), using the shredded squash from my spouse’s garden. It’s certainly OK with enough items, including garlic, on it.

Nothing special on mine, any meat products will do, usually bacon (just 'cuz), italian sausage, pepperoni, etc., and got to have onions.

My son, however, likes cut up hot dogs on his.
I know people who have put spam on their pies.
Can’t be that different from hot dogs.
But I also know folks who say they have a ‘mixed marriage’ because one spouse likes pineapple on pizza, and the sane spouse does not.
grin

I had pineapple and ham on a pizza - in Germany.

All the Germans acted like it was perfectly normal, so I just went along with it.

It was not too bad…

I actually kinda liked it.

Don’t hate, lol

I’ve always wondered…Do you (generally (not you specifically, Timothy) consider “not bad” the same as “good”? Personally, I think “not bad” is a lesser category than “good”.
I think it's more going in not expecting anything special and being pleasantly surprised.;)

Just saw this. Not sure whether you're saying this in jest or not, but I won't tolerate you calling my children names, regardless of how "mild" it may be.
You've got it all wrong. I was about to make what I thought was an amusing comment when I wondered if a term might actually not be amusing and, on looking it up, found it was truly not. Sometimes we grow up with a word not fully understood and don't have occasion to question it. Fortunately I thought to question it and would not use it even in jest.

I meant no harm and meant to fall on my sword about it. Sorry I was misunderstood. My apologies to you.

Back