Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

I registered many new grills with Weber and never received a cookbook.......
I tried to find this particular book online and no dice.

I know there is some “I don’t need no stinking cookbooks” around, but I find this book useful navigating grilling different cuts of meat and such.

A few of the side dishes are also pretty good.

Really surprised Weber doesn’t offer it for the WSK since this book is particular to the Weber Kamado grill.

But then again, I am surprised by Webers lack of marketing for this grill in particular.

OK fellas, I have a Summit Kettle cook book I would be willing to ship off in the spirit of Christmas for the price of postage.

All I ask is that you own a WSK and really want the cookbook. If I get more that one response in the next day or so, I will have to figure out how to choose. So please just include a note into a PM to me telling my why you want it.
Bruce

1703023013099.jpeg

OK fellas, I have a Summit Kettle cook book I would be willing to ship off in the spirit of Christmas for the price of postage.

All I ask is that you own a WSK and really want the cookbook. If I get more that one response in the next day or so, I will have to figure out how to choose. So please just include a note into a PM to me telling my why you want it.
Bruce

View attachment 84008
@Brett-EDH do you have this one? If so can I borrow it?

@Brett-EDH do you have this one? If so can I borrow it?
I'll have to check, but I do know I have one of them that came with the grill (after pruchase/registration).

I'll text you tonight. Feel free to remind me on text as well tonight. We've been super busy and just got busier when we usually go into a slow down week. My how the market has changed out here.

So, our daughter came home for Christmas today and said she wanted BBQ so she got BBQ. Lol

I did two pork butts and a rack of baby backs. I'm such a creature of habit that I hate just putting charcoal on the grate, so I decided to use my vortex cone upside down with the deflector plate. That's how I started.
PXL_20231223_195507614.jpg

Added the ribs

PXL_20231223_212415294.MP.jpg

Then I noticed I couldn't get the temp up above 230 even with the vents full open. I assume it was because I was using the upside down vortex. So, I pulled the deflector and put the vortex plate from my WSM 14, right on top of the upside down vortex. I was trying to get closer to 300 to get dinner ready at a decent hour.

Temps shot up and I was able to run at around 300 the rest of the cook.

PXL_20231223_220927384.jpg

When the butts got to 160 I wrapped them and the ribs. When the butts got to temp I glazed the ribs with a mix of Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle and Head Country Chipotle sauce. Let them run for about 20 minutes with the foil open to set the sauce.

PXL_20231223_232714689.jpg

Then something funny happened. I rewrapped the ribs and shut down all the vents to let the wrapped meat just sit in the grill and rest while I made potato salad. I just happened to keep the meater probe going so I could see how quickly the temp came down. Well, 20 minutes later with all the vents closed the WSK was still at 230 degrees. Lol. I had to actually go pull the meat off so it didn't cook more. So, that should tell you how efficient this grill is.

Some of the best pulled pork and ribs I've ever made. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's something about this grill. It's still on sale so any of you still mulling it over, you can still pull the trigger.

PXL_20231224_002704398.jpg

PXL_20231224_003321225.jpg

Wife also made baked beans and cole slaw.

PXL_20231224_003738314.jpg

Well, crap. I have been going through a crisis with my Smokefire and I promised myself if I saw this for under $1500, I'd pull the trigger. I might try one last ditch Greentoe offer, but this is a hard one to pass up.

Is there any indication that Weber might be coming out with a new generation of the WSK? The sale could just be to move excess stock, but I hear they are updating the Gas Summit and might be doing the same for the Coal burner version as well. While I think the Gas Summit needs some redesign, I think it will be hard to make any significant change to the WSK that would make it a gotta have it upgrade.

Well, crap. I have been going through a crisis with my Smokefire and I promised myself if I saw this for under $1500, I'd pull the trigger. I might try one last ditch Greentoe offer, but this is a hard one to pass up.
I believe Walmart has a pretty good return policy?
IMG_7227.jpeg

Is there any indication that Weber might be coming out with a new generation of the WSK? The sale could just be to move excess stock, but I hear they are updating the Gas Summit and might be doing the same for the Coal burner version as well. While I think the Gas Summit needs some redesign, I think it will be hard to make any significant change to the WSK that would make it a gotta have it upgrade.
If I were to buy a WSK I would prefer an ignition option without the cart.

I don't have a need for ignition. Chimney with paper towels and grease or fat. Or a torch to light a small amount works well.

I was wondering the same thing.

Back