Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

I am not a coal burner but I really like that Summit Komodo. If I was going to buy one and pay $1K plus, I would probably go with the S6.
I never considered the E6. For me there's not enough of a price difference to go without the full cart and gas assist.

Is it just for the table Brett? I have a Napoleon Prestige and the two of them beside each other might be a bit much
Nope. The table, cart and storage on the cart. I can keep a weatherproof coal container, chimney, vortex, steel plate, diffuser, wood chunks, junk in the pullout basket and more all in a single, fairly organized footprint. The table is bonus. The storage capacity is what I sought.

curious; at that price how many would prefer the S6 to the E6?

I was researching charcoal grills having never owned one, and based on the recommendations of members here, I decided to take a chance on the Weber Summit Charcoal grilling station (original version)

I bought it “brand new” from a Craigslist ad for $1,400.

It was a leap of faith but I trusted what people were telling me, and the Weber brand carries some weight.

After owning it I would say I probably would have paid more- It’s a nice versatile and well built grill. Sometimes you just need to “buy your last grill first”, so to speak.

Are you listening Weber? Get out there and market these grills- you have a unique product that people would probably want and pay for if they knew these existed!

Last edited:

I bought my E6 floor model on a closeout for an excellent price.

If an S6 was avail for $200 more I would have bought it. More than that, I'd have stayed with the E6.

If the WSK was my one and only grill, I would probably lean toward the S6 more.

Yeah I'm an E6 owner. If the spread was only $250 when I bought I would of sprung for the S6 because of the cart. I don't value the gas assist at all and would rather it not be there.

I have been using my gas assist starter with my Performer for about 10 years and I'll be using my gas assist starter on my WSK for as long as I can.

Not using the gas assist is kind of unfathomable to me. Lol To each his own, but the act of having to get another method to light my coals on a grill that literally has a gas starter is the equivalent of using a washboard to do my laundry while having a washing machine and dryer in the house.

Turn on the gas starter for about 5 minutes, turn it off, let them burn for another 10 minutes or so and it's good to go. I don't have to get any firestarters or paper towels with oil on them, or hold a blow torch into the coals. It's an upgrade for a reason. Just saying. Lol
I've never found an easier way of lighting charcoal yet. It is unfathomable to me as well. Same as people that don't use a water pan in the WSM, but that is a whole other can of worms.

I've never found an easier way of lighting charcoal yet. It is unfathomable to me as well.

So try this...place a load of lump charcoal on the upper charcoal grate. Turn on your igniter and see how long it takes to start. Get back to me after your propane tank runs out...

No one is arguing that the igniter does not work great if you are using the LOWER charcoal grate, but some of us only use that setup when smoking. For almost all my grilling/roasting, I use about 1/3 of the upper grate SnS style setup.

To me it would be a no brainer to get the S6 with the cart and ignitor for the price difference. Its the reason I have a Performer I want the cart and ignitor. If your gonna lay out that kind of cash are you really worried about 300 bucks or whatever as you have already made the decision to go to the high end just seems silly to me.

Better you get it than have buyers regret cause down the road you wished you had the cart and ignitor. Especially the cart.

I grew up with bacon grease in glass jars that is not a thing in my house has not been for 35 years so dipping paper towels in bacon grease to start my charcoal does not work for me. :unsure:

Are you listening Weber? Get out there and market these grills- you have a unique product that people would probably want and pay for if they knew these existed!
If they marketed them, they may then be perceived as commonly available. Price and exclusivity go hand in hand. There is also a certain cachet that comes with having "the best", or top of the line, of something (I think you know this).

"Pricing is one of the most powerful tools you can use to create a sense of exclusivity for your products or services. Exclusivity means that your customers perceive your offer as scarce, unique, or desirable, and are willing to pay a premium for it."

Last edited:

Back