Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

If the WSK does L&S as good as the WSM maybe I’ll let it go.
it does it better, IMO. if you need a megaload of butts, buy the rack that goes atop the cooking grate. IIRC someone here once did like 6+ or 8+ butts in a single cook on the WSK. for their wife's church function or similar.

i use this for keeping my JD at the WSK https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-Charcoal-Briquettes-Storage-Dispenser-03712/202369847

i'll measure mine tonight to ensure i am linking the correct charcoal can. it IS waterproof and holds plenty of coal for multiple cooks. i only refill the bucket a few times a year. it hold 1/2 of the 35# JD bag of lump coal.

the small round scoop you have is for charcoal briqs scooping from the bag to the WSK. i don't use mine at all.

if you have the full size Weber chimney, you only need 3/4 of a chimney to fill two CBs for the WSK. this is plenty of fuel for hot or direct cooks and to indirect. i only use the lower level when doing larger cuts of meat (porchetta, whole packer briskets, TG turkey).

ask away any questions. it's likely already been done on the WSK and documented here. you're in for a lot of fun.

you WSM will need a new home so look for someone who will really use it.

it does it better, IMO. if you need a megaload of butts, buy the rack that goes atop the cooking grate. IIRC someone here once did like 6+ or 8+ butts in a single cook on the WSK. for their wife's church function or similar.

i use this for keeping my JD at the WSK https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-Charcoal-Briquettes-Storage-Dispenser-03712/202369847

i'll measure mine tonight to ensure i am linking the correct charcoal can. it IS waterproof and holds plenty of coal for multiple cooks. i only refill the bucket a few times a year. it hold 1/2 of the 35# JD bag of lump coal.

the small round scoop you have is for charcoal briqs scooping from the bag to the WSK. i don't use mine at all.

if you have the full size Weber chimney, you only need 3/4 of a chimney to fill two CBs for the WSK. this is plenty of fuel for hot or direct cooks and to indirect. i only use the lower level when doing larger cuts of meat (porchetta, whole packer briskets, TG turkey).

ask away any questions. it's likely already been done on the WSK and documented here. you're in for a lot of fun.

you WSM will need a new home so look for someone who will really use it.

He did 8 fullsized pork butts. Used two fire bricks to hold up a 22" grate for a top level.

Are there any options other than the Weber cover for the S6. Is the Weber one decent?
Edit:
Never mind, I see Veranda Classics makes one. I have a lot of their products and have been happy with them.

Last edited:
+1 For Veranda/ My only issue with that company is the over state the size of their covers. Which I wish they did not do. I bought one for the Weber fireplace, based on their stated size and was disappointed that it was about 5" shorter than stated. Otherwise darn good covers

So, I'm already really having a hard time with the thought of giving away my SSP Performer. Lol. I have decided to get a new 5lb tank and hose adapter to use on the WSK as an homage to the SSP.
Screenshot_20231213-221507.png

Screenshot_20231213-221448.png

Again, one of us, one of us!!!!!!

Not sure what you decided on when you were talking about giving up a grill.....I didn't go through all 4 pages again.
I do not own and have not owned a WSM as the WSK cooks like a champ...but I can never give up my performer.
It does so many things great and the rotisserie is pretty good too......to be honest if I could only have one I would most likely keep the performer.
I don't like cleaning the E6 at all.....but it has to be done.

Again, one of us, one of us!!!!!!

Not sure what you decided on when you were talking about giving up a grill.....I didn't go through all 4 pages again.
I do not own and have not owned a WSM as the WSK cooks like a champ...but I can never give up my performer.
It does so many things great and the rotisserie is pretty good too......to be honest if I could only have one I would most likely keep the performer.
I don't like cleaning the E6 at all.....but it has to be done.
Currently space is an issue and I decided to give the SSP Performer to my son who is graduating from the Air Force Academy in May. I already have a Q2000 ready for him since his first year or two he will be in temporary housing so probably won't be able to use charcoal, but he wants the SSP and I, of course, want to keep it in the family. Problem for him is I have to hold it for him until he can get it and in that time I might lose my urge to let it go. lol. I'll just get him a kettle or a different Performer if I decide that.

Another reason was that I acquired by SSP for free from a buddy that no longer wanted it so I thought with the upgrade I could pay it forward and let the SSP go on to a new home to love. But, we'll see what happens. lol. I'm going to do a deep clean on it and that process won't lend itself to helping me see it leave.

Last edited:
+1 For Veranda/ My only issue with that company is the over state the size of their covers. Which I wish they did not do. I bought one for the Weber fireplace, based on their stated size and was disappointed that it was about 5" shorter than stated. Otherwise darn good covers
Yes, I noticed that they’re measurements are a few inches bigger all around than the Weber cover. I ordered one, it was $41 on Amazon, used points so it was free.
Supposed to be here today. If I don’t like the fit, back it goes.

Well, got my 5lb bottle and hose for my first cook tonight.

1000003887.jpg

I only did a small chimney of coals for some reason. Lol. Took a bit to get up to temp.

1000003886.jpg

Did fajita chicken.

1000003888.jpg

1000003889.jpg

1000003890.jpg

Dinner plate with pinto beans with hatch chilies, and my special Mexican rice recipe.

1000003893.jpg

Normally after a cook I close up the vents but I left them wide open to continue to burn off the new grill.

There is something different about using this grill. Maybe I'm just tricking myself because it cost more than any grill I've ever bought, but it definitely felt different. I'm looking forward to putting it through all the paces.

Attachments

• 1000003891.jpg
    1000003891.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 6

Back