Curb Alert !!!

Absolutely do with it what you will, but I can't see spending anywhere near even $300 on parts for an old Genesis. There just aren't enough parts left to even buy. Another old Genesis 1000, some paint, and yes a lot of labor should get the job done if you're so inclined.
Off to parts it goes. I have a faded Skyline that could use some parts. Thanks for the background. I didn’t realize it was that old.

One last picture… the drip pan holder looks prehistoric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 11
Off to parts it goes. I have a faded Skyline that could use some parts. Thanks for the background. I didn’t realize it was that old.

One last picture… the drip pan holder looks prehistoric
It's seen better days, the original ones had the holder for the little grease tray welded to them.

Moral question....... Is it wrong to just take parts off a curbed grill if you don't want the whole (NG) grill? Like taking grates and bars, knobs, ect.....
Asking for a friend.....
If that’s your greatest sin you are better than most…

Yes I would say it’s wrong assuming the offer is not explicitly “help yourself to whatever parts you want” or “It gets picked up by my the trash man on Tuesday”

They usually want it gone and they don’t want to hear about it again. Part of the bargain is take it whole and you are now the proud owner. Junk Webers can usually yield at least $20 in scrap or you can always stick it out on your curb and watch it disappear.

It is a pet peeve of the people who offer stuff for free. The other one is the people who take the display table or containers the are clearly marked do not take

I probably should be doing my chores… this was less than a mile from me and on the curb and free which is about the maximum effort I will put in for a grill. I don’t subscribe to Facebook but I could see where the grill was from the post.

The lid was in good shape and cleaned up to a grade A-. The previous owner left a pot on the top which left a ring.

The frame is shot. The 8006 panel sun bleached.

The firebox is good and the big drip pan is in good shape. Good manifold and valves.

I was short a lid so this helps out. The rest is a bonus.

Here are some pictures of the lid before and work in progress
Glad someone here got this grill. I had contacted the person earlier in the day and they didn't respond in time. I wasn't sure where it was so didn't try to drive around and find it. They finally sent an email saying the grill was gone.

I could tell it was a Genesis 1 from the Craig's list picture (basket to right of control panel, early wire-type grease cup holder, no casters).

A friend of mine may be picking this bad boy up, but it’s in the wrong state 🤣

Thought it was Belleville WI. But it’s in IL. Someone go get it!

Attachments

• IMG_7532.jpeg
    IMG_7532.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 11

Back