Curb Alert !!!

Let me say first, that I LOVE Genesis grills - well, the classic older ones up through the Silver/Gold/Platinums of 2005, that is. So, nothing wrong in trying to make them as good as possible.

I will just say that in the case of 1st generation Summits - and in my book at least - the Platinum Summits - these were grills in a higher league. Yes, I know all about the firebox issues. I am glad I could fix that on my 1st gen Summit, and I believe it could be done - and would be worthwhile - on a 2nd generation Platinum Summit.

I guess I think when bargains - or giveaways - on the above-mentioned Summits come along, I cringe a little when people just want to part them out in order to upgrade a Genesis. Again, I love my Genesis grills, past and present, but when I open the hood on my Summit (that Larry was kind enough to sell to me) it is a whole different level to me - like getting inside a Mercedes vs. a very nice Buick. I haven't used a 2nd generation Summit, but that stainless frame and all stainless cabinetry is very appealing and how ALL Summits should be built.

Give a Summit a chance!

View attachment 99977View attachment 99978

View attachment 99976
I’ll give one a chance if I get one right!

That is not a bad grill. I think I might even have a couple good legs laying around here for one reason or another. Even so, for some of the skilled folks we have here, easy fix

Back