Couldn't Pass On This 26er

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
A 26er came up on FB market and it was too good a deal to pass on. Luckily I was the first to contact him. He marked it sold soon after as his phone was blowing up. I paid the asking price of a whopping $85. Two things needed to be fixed, it was missing a handle and he had also put a second thermometer in the lid. I found a nice handle on Amazon and put a stainless hex screw in the hole where the second thermometer was. I had a 26er before and ended up selling it because it was taking up too much space in the garage and there wasn't enough extra space on the patio. The wife has given me the go ahead on a 10x16 shed so this one will have a place to stay.

26er.jpg

That is a great find! I thought get my Master Touch for $85 was a steal, a 26 wow enjoy the big guy! Is that the standard place for the thermometer on a 26? I think that makes more sense then where the put the thermometer on the 22s.

That would never happen anywhere near me no matter where I live, it simply is not going to happen for me! Enjoy the new grill and related new space!
Tim don't think that would ever happen to me either. I don't need a 26 but I guarantee for that price it would have been under my deck and I certainly would have used it.

Tim don't think that would ever happen to me either. I don't need a 26 but I guarantee for that price it would have been under my deck and I certainly would have used it.
Fair enough but, my snowblower and a 22” kettle are competing for their rightful space near the garage door...the kettle might lose and spend the balance of winter out in the “raw”! We shall see.

That is a great find! I thought get my Master Touch for $85 was a steal, a 26 wow enjoy the big guy! Is that the standard place for the thermometer on a 26? I think that makes more sense then where the put the thermometer on the 22s.
Yes that is the standard place for the thermometer on the 26. At least that is where mine is located. It’s a nice location since the vent is up front for indirect cooks banking coals at the back, therm where you can see it lid vent up front.

If your 26" is older it will have the "90 degree" thermometer location, like the one Pat picked up.

If you get a brand new one, it will be similar to the new 22", where it is on opposite side of the vent.

The added thermometer location on Pat's lid is actually a great spot for the thermometer.

A 26er came up on FB market and it was too good a deal to pass on. Luckily I was the first to contact him. He marked it sold soon after as his phone was blowing up. I paid the asking price of a whopping $85. Two things needed to be fixed, it was missing a handle and he had also put a second thermometer in the lid. I found a nice handle on Amazon and put a stainless hex screw in the hole where the second thermometer was. I had a 26er before and ended up selling it because it was taking up too much space in the garage and there wasn't enough extra space on the patio. The wife has given me the go ahead on a 10x16 shed so this one will have a place to stay.

View attachment 22335
Nice find!

View attachment 22335
Great find and an even better price.

Back