Costco now carrying full packer briskest, Prime!!

Bryon Piequet

TVWBB Fan
So was in costco yesterday and noticed for the second time they have full packers, and they are Prime! What's even better is they are selling for $3.79 per lb! The cryo packed choice flats sell for $6.79 per lb. that's a no brainer, picked up a nice 11lb prime brisket for later this week. Cant figure the pricing thing out but I am not going to complain.

Not here in the No. Plainfied N.J. store either:(
But I paid $2.63 for gas yesterday (reg./credit card);)

Sadly, not in Northern California. Most Costcos near me carry no brisket. One store carries super-trimmed flats and untrimmed flats in Cryovac. Nearest Costco with packer briskets is the Costco Business Center in Hayward and those are USDA Choice.

But hope springs eternal...would love me some USDA Prime Costco packer briskets! :)

I stopped at my local Costco last Thursday and it didn't hit me until I read this post, that store also had Prime Packers. In the past, I don't remember seeing packers, just expensive highly trimmed flats.

Dave

We've had Prime packers here for some time now.
The ones I've bought had a lot of external fat, but I'm okay with that for the price and quality.

So was in costco yesterday and noticed for the second time they have full packers, and they are Prime! What's even better is they are selling for $3.79 per lb! The cryo packed choice flats sell for $6.79 per lb. that's a no brainer, picked up a nice 11lb prime brisket for later this week. Cant figure the pricing thing out but I am not going to complain.
What city did you find these in? I'd like to pick one up
Danny

Which Costco Bryon? Us SoCal guys gotta share the details...

Hmmmm, I'm gonna be in Anaheim next week for Disneyland. Might have to make a special trip out to the Fullerton Costco while I'm down there!

For those who don't see full packers at their Costco, ask the butcher. Never have them on display at the Montclair, CA location, but asked and they had in the back. 16lb prime for $3.99/lb

Today, Costco in Austin had about 15 prime briskets (@ $3.79) from 12 to 17 lbs and they all looked pretty damn nice. Most of the local supers have CAB packers for $4.99. Costco is the place!

Back