Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb and I are staying in place the best we can.
The AZ national guard has been called up to help the super markets restock. Looks like Barb as a cashier at Safeway is considered an essential employee now and will receive additional benefits.
No, I'm not happy with her still working but Barb is a trooper. She believes she is helping people by taking the risk of being at work. Like she said if all of us walked away then nobody would be able to get the things they need. Many of the customers that come through her line thank her for being there.
Walmart and all the grocery stores are begging people to come to work for them in this crises, I find it amazing that none of the employees in her store have bailed.
Just hope this has a happy ending for us.

Bless her!

And for those who's jobs have been impacted and are willing, I've read that Costco, Amazon and other retailers are desperately trying to hire up at this time.

Correction, as of this morning there are 47 known cases in MO.
This snowball effect is what's so damn scary.

That's exactly right. What's more, the numbers are only going to get worse, as our testing capabilities improve. Our numbers are already right on track with Italy (though we're several days behind). Hold on to your hats. It's going to be a bumpy ride. We're going to make China look like proactive geniuses.

Yes keep that in mind. IT does not mean there are more "sick" people only now that they can be tested for WHY they're sick

Barb and I are staying in place the best we can.
The AZ national guard has been called up to help the super markets restock. Looks like Barb as a cashier at Safeway is considered an essential employee now and will receive additional benefits.
No, I'm not happy with her still working but Barb is a trooper. She believes she is helping people by taking the risk of being at work. Like she said if all of us walked away then nobody would be able to get the things they need. Many of the customers that come through her line thank her for being there.
Walmart and all the grocery stores are begging people to come to work for them in this crises, I find it amazing that none of the employees in her store have bailed.
Just hope this has a happy ending for us.
I hope every day I don't bring something home as I'm in the same boat. On the other hand I'm thankful I can clock in because there millions now that can't. The best we can do is stay optimistic.

The irony here is some of the lowest paid people in the country are now the most "essential. They are busting their butts to keep things moving for little compensation comparatively.

Rich, tell Barb we all thank her.

I'd like to thank all those out there who are performing their essential jobs - without them, we're only about a half a step from flinging poo at each other. THANK YOU!!!

Check out this interesting and informative video about how a virus spreads:

On my way into work I thought it was bizarre that traffic might have been a little lighter but seemed mostly normal for a county that is supposed to be sheltering in place. I also found it a little strange to see some of the stores that are open that don't supply anything that is really necessary at this time. then there's the whole social distance thing. the grocery store parking lots look like people are holiday shopping for Thanksgiving dinners.

It's going to be important to keep mental health in check. Anxiety can weaken the immune system. I'm still working but it's very slow. My tendency is to want to keep reading more about coronavirus and freaking myself out. I'm trying to avoid that if I can. I've got a brisket flat that I cured and I think I'm going to smoke it tomorrow and just relax.

It's going to be important to keep mental health in check. Anxiety can weaken the immune system. I'm still working but it's very slow. My tendency is to want to keep reading more about coronavirus and freaking myself out. I'm trying to avoid that if I can. I've got a brisket flat that I cured and I think I'm going to smoke it tomorrow and just relax.

I'm trying to keep cooking and keep a sense of humor. Tomorrow, I'm doing a video teleconference with a handful of friends. We're going to have a virtual happy hour - shoot the breeze and have a couple cocktails.

We're giving in to too much fear in my opinion, and the daily news isn't helping any. Take precautions? Yes, but let's not make the cure worse than the disease.

I'm on the Critical list at a very large company in Los Angelas., meaning they need our company there to keep the place running and making big$$
We have to carry a .......... with us to identify who we are if there is a total LA shut down and we get pulled over by the police as of today.

So enough of that....It's Friday afternoon and we need a few laughs in these trying times.

IMG_3561.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back