TVWBB Fan
25432317563_f2d8a3df7d_c.jpg
[/url]Hash by Jonathan Kulik, on Flickr[/IMG]
25968454671_fe29d3e3a7_c.jpg
26034838385_0a0026610e_c.jpg
Delicious!

all I need is a plate of that, some mustard and a nice brown ale. Excellent CBH Jon

Corn Beef hash outstanding stuff, haven't had that in years and yours looks delicious.

My sister in law and I used to do sixty pounds of beeves for the St. Patricks church patronal feast! We used the dry rub from "Cooks Illustrated" and then simmered in cauldrons. Removed, set into the fridge to cool overnight, sliced, panned and heated for the feast while Mass was being said.
After doing it for fifteen years we decided we would retire from that duty, no one stepped up to carry on the project. I find that very sad. It was a great feast. The prep was a lot of work but, we had lots of fun. Friday prep and cook beef, set tables for sixty five and while simmering, a few nice glasses of scotch to keep spirits up. Then, serious festivities on Saturday! Jameson's, Guinness, champagne, wonderful cake!
Any leftover beef became Reuben's for after Sunday Mass, usually enough for the whole parish! Interesting how that seemed to work out just right.

Last edited:
My sister in law and I used to do sixty pounds of beeves for the St. Patricks church patronal feast! We used the dry rub from "Cooks Illustrated" and then simmered in cauldrons. Removed, set into the fridge to cool overnight, sliced, panned and heated for the feast while Mass was being said.
After doing it for fifteen years we decided we would retire from that duty, no one stepped up to carry on the project. I find that very sad. It was a great feast. The prep was a lot of work but, we had lots of fun. Friday prep and cook beef, set tables for sixty five and while simmering, a few nice glasses of scotch to keep spirits up. Then, serious festivities on Saturday! Jameson's, Guinness, champagne, wonderful cake!
Any leftover beef became Reuben's for after Sunday Mass, usually enough for the whole parish! Interesting how that seemed to work out just right.

I could be talked into going to that church....... on that holiday anyway :)

Back