Chuckie on the 26er

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
With my foot in a cast I haven't been cooking as much as I like to. Fortunately the cast will be off in two weeks.

Started with a 4# chuck roast. SPOG and then overnight in the fridge.

Set up a snake in the 26er with Weber briquettes and some post oak for flavor.

Let's get this party started.

Smokin.

This is after 5 hours, temp was at 160 and I wrapped in foil for the remainder of the cook.

All done.

This came out tasty. The first time in a while that I didn't make PSB with a chuckie. Thanks for looking.:cool:

Last edited:
Looks good. Great smoke ring. Sandwiches? Tacos? Enchiladas?

Thanks Robert. I cut it against the grain and we ate it with some potato salad on the side. I think the leftovers are going to be made into some sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.

Roast looks great Pat. Nice setup on the 26er. Glad to hear the leg's on the mend. They're no fun. I was laid up for 2 years with mine.

Looks great Pat, funny you mentioned PSB my first thought it's been years since I smoked a chuck roast that didn't end up being PSB. I'll have to try what you did again.

Great looking roast Pat! I love your technique on the snake - that picture should be in a textbook somewhere...

Regards,

John

Nice use of the snake method on that 26'R Pat, Chuckie looks terrific. The only 26'R i'v seen is at Barbecues Galore...:(

Back