Chicken on the performers

Craig Alumbaugh

TVWBB Guru
I fired up both performers yesterday and did up some chicken. One was seasoned with good ol salt, pepper and garlic and the others were seasoned with a blend my wife has created which is pretty good. One thing I haven't been able to accomplish is crispy skin when grilling (chicken has always been my nemesis) and yesterday I finally got it. Once the chicken had got to the internal temp I wanted, I put the chicken back over the hot coals for a few minutes skin side down and it came out nice and crispy. I did the chicken on direct heat for a few minutes each side and then indirect for about 45 minutes with both grills holding around 375° to 400°. I put a small piece of apple wood in each performer for a little smoke taste to them. I do believe I have this chicken thing down as it was a hit with everyone.

9-7-15%203_zpsygdc5mye.jpg

Straight down the middle of the pan, on the left is the S,P,G and the right is the wife's herb blend getting ready to go on

9-7-2015%201_zpsmguywkcf.jpg

Salt, Pepper and Garlic after the first flip on indirect

9-7-15%202_zpspi2sgpfj.jpg

Wife's blend after the first flip on indirect

9-7-15%204_zpsjnckbfvt.jpg

And the final product

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
OhYeah Craig! Those look AWESOME! Once I start eeting those thighs, I don't stop!!
and YOU got GREAT thighs Craig ;)

You nailed that one, those look great!

Thanks Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Good looking bird thighs!

Thanks Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Great job on that chicken. Looks delicious!

Thanks Cliff I was rather pleased with the results

- - - Updated - - -

Craig, has anyone ever told you that you have nice thighs?;)

Not until now Brad, but thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Nice thighs.

Thanks Russ

Back