Chicken on the mini

Dennis - CurlyQ

It's been a few days since I fired up the mini so I decided try a chicken.

Simple recipe. Just put olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning and fresh rosemary on the outside, and put 2 lemon halves and a couple rosemary sprigs inside the bird. I used Stubbs briquettes and one chunk of hickory. I just used a 9" cake tin as a diffuser and no water. I wanted to cook at 350, but the mini only wanted to go to 300-325, so in went with that. It took a little shy of 2 hours to cook. 165 in the breast and 175 in the thigh. Came out fantastic. This was my first cook of a whole chicken in the mini. It was so easy to do.

https://ibb.co/dz7va5

I had chicken tonight too. b/s thighs took ten minutes. Beat your 2 hours. Just kidding. Your chicken looks good.

Great looking bird! Try it without the diffuser next go around. When ever I do chicken I don't use a diffuser. If you're in a hurry and want to speed it up a bit spatchcock the bird.

The leftovers were great in a sandwich today too. It's amazing how easy the cooks are on the mini. That thing is awesome!

I think I'll try it without the diffuser next time. I have some 1/4 chickens in the freezer that I have to cook up soon.

Back