Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Green Olives

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
and lemon and garlic and saffron! I have been wanting to try this recipe ever since I seen it in Fine Cooking #98 a few years ago. The problem is the sun-dried tomatoes are always oil packed and expensive. Well, I finally found some dry packed and they are only $1.50 a 3.5 ounce package.

I made this pretty close to the recipe except I did not have any honey. A pinch of sugar was added instead. Both my wife and I agree that capers NEED to be added too.

I also finally replaced my Nifty Fifty lens that my BiL has held hostage for the last 2 years. No more point and shoot, dSLR from here out.

The chicken waiting for the grill to be ready.

121213r.jpg

On the grill.

121213g.jpg

Plated

121213p.jpg

We are making these again for a dinner party tomorrow night. Capers will be used. The chicken will be boneless skinless. I will add cheese as a skin stand in. Also mushrooms may be present. We have not decided on if we are grilling them though. I hope we do.

Thanks Mike. BTW my BiL got stuck with the mkII. I replaced it with an original MkI. (Metal mounting plate and distance scale.)

Nice cook and great pics. That lens was well worth it.

For a sun-dried tomato substitute, try kettle- or WSM-dried. With or without smoke.

Great looking chicken and salad, Tim! Now you got me wanting to break out my Nifty Fifty. Great photos!

Tim, I am sooo lookin' forward to dinner tonight! ;)
Outstanding!!!
please send me your address again :)

Terrific looking cb's, salad, and pics Tim!

Funny, before I started to read, I saw the first pic, and thought: Tim found himself some fast glass!
Got to love those fast little 50's!

Last edited:

Back