$8.50 got me 2 chickens. Hung them in the 14.5:

PICT1517_zpsmpmpgah0.jpg

85 minutes later:

PICT1527_zpsuzhcck7z.jpg

$3.00 got me two artichokes. Grilled them on the pos gasser:

PICT1528_zpss6mstyrv.jpg

The Queen's dinner:

PICT1535_zpswi1nboos.jpg

This is the first time I've grilled artichokes. The flavor was great, however they were a tad under-cooked.

Great looking meal! Wish artichokes looked good here. All the ones in the stores look horrible. I have found that pre-cooking the artichoke then finishing on the grill works great.

$11.50 and probably 2 hours of total work... you came out WAY on top!

That looks "simple" and delicious, and I mean that as the most sincere compliment.

Chicken looks fly away guud. Nothing better than hanging a chicken too. Never have tried a artichoke. Will have to someday.

Very nice, Robert.
Did you parboil the artichokes first? I found it helps a lot when finished them on the grill.
BTW, What's the rack you used to hang your chicken? Thanks.

That looks like some mighty fine chicken Robert. The only thing I can think of, is boil the chokes first then put them on the grill to add flavor / texture

Thanks everyone for the compliments & suggestions.
fwiw - I did boil the artichokes for 10 minutes before slicing, adding a light coat of olive oil, some salt, pepper & then grilling.
Next time: I'll boil for 12 minutes & grill a while longer.

welp... did a re-run with leftover cold chicken & new artichokes. Boiled the 'chokes for 12 min & grilled for 7 @ 400* or so. Better!!! Killer chicken.
Next time: boil the 'chokes 18 min... grill about the same amount of time. That should do it!!!

Birds Look Beautiful Robert!! So goes the Chokes! Gotta try'em like everyone else, suppose...
Earth to Jim: boil for 18, grill for 7

Well done cook! I also did Artichokes. They had an outstanding bark on them, but too were under cooked. I ran them around 350 then finished them over the coals. I guess you do need to boil them first. Just couldn't bring myself to doing that.

Back