Cheez-It Bacon Wrapped Meat Loaf and Mac N Cheese

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Morning all. Had some friends over for dinner and put this together.
Recipe calls for saltines, but we didn't have any and as I recall, I saw someone (lets just call him a genius) use Cheez-Its instead.

and remember this bacon from a few weeks ago?

Me too, and I am almost out again.

Forgot the blasted action shots!!! I'll blame the Bell's two hearted ale for forgetting. I smoked with 3 small chunks of grape vine for about 1.5 hours and with a cooking temp somewhere around 350. used a total of 3lbs of blended beef, pork and veal and pulled it when it hit 160*

Plated! With Cheddar and Gruyere Mac N Cheese and Lemon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette dressing on Romaine

There's Sebastian with what looks like he is reaching for salad but he's not. He loved the meatloaf though. My wife is drinking a "Dirty HO" which is hoegaarden and framboise - its not bad actually

Thanks for looking!

Holy cheez-its ! What a great idea ! This I have to try. Crushed cheez-it's or Doritos also make a great crunchy coating on chicken.
and I just noticed the meatball mix you get at your store. That's terrific. I've never seen that around here.

Last edited:
Chris, looks excellent my friend, great meal. I wanna do it, got everything but the right size lean pork bellies to make the bacon with. I'm hoping you run out soon and give me a shout!

Chris, looks excellent my friend, great meal. I wanna do it, got everything but the right size lean pork bellies to make the bacon with. I'm hoping you run out soon and give me a shout!

Hey Bill, I am almost out. I was thinking about making a run either this weekend or next. And it looks like I will be up your way on Easter if you can break away I'll PM you before I go though. Last time I bought them they were completely fresh but I'd Food-Saver it for you.

Back