Caught 17 trout!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
The fish were biting this morning! Me and my girl got up 6:00am and went fishing at Jess Ranch Lakes in Apple Valley, CA. Jess ranch is a trout fish hatchery that stocks many county lakes, they also offer several lakes to fish on. It's great tasting trout! We spent 3 1/2 hrs or so, catching fish. Using various power baits and worms, they were hungry! It was a lot of fun. Grilled up some using Royal Oak lump, and will freeze the rest of the fish. Here are the photos.

Good morning at Jess Ranch lakes.

One of many caught.

Bagged and ready to take home.

It took awhile to fillet the fish.

Grilled and ready to eat!

Thanks for looking :).

Last edited:
You know... I haven't had fresh trout since I moved away from Wyoming. Must have been 50 years ago.
That looks really good.
My grandmother used to bread it & cook it in a ci pan.
Anyway.... Apple Valley isn't that far away. Might have to give that place a go.

That's some good looking trout, great catch. When I lived in SoCal spent lots of summer weekends up at Big Bear trout fishing, really enjoyed it.

Looks like you had tight lines all day. Nice meat haul, nothing better than fresh fish that you caught yourself.

Most Certainly The BEST Post I've Seen In YEARS!!
Beautiful EVERYTHING!

Now I Need Some Fresh Caught & Grilled Trout!

Thanks everybody. Jess Ranch is a private operation, no fishing license required. We paid $3 bucks to get in, and it's $4 per fish caught. Might be a bit pricey for some, but it is a LOT of fun when they are biting!!! The staff is very friendly and the trout is good eating! Big Bear Lake, CA is also a great place to fish for trout, most of them are being caught near the dam. That is my next spot to go fishing for trout in Southern California :).

Thanks everybody. Jess Ranch is a private operation, no fishing license required. We paid $3 bucks to get in, and it's $4 per fish caught. Might be a bit pricey for some, but it is a LOT of fun when they are biting!!! The staff is very friendly and the trout is good eating! Big Bear Lake, CA is also a great place to fish for trout, most of them are being caught near the dam. That is my next spot to go fishing for trout in Southern California :).[/QUOTE

We use to kill it at Captain Jacks Marina in Fawnskin (Nov -March) . But now I think he charges to fish there and the water level is so low I'm not sure if the trout is even there anymore.

Yes the water is low in Big Bear. Lake Arrowhead is worse with the drought! If your on Facebook, go to Big Bear Sporting Goods page, they are posting photos of big trout still being caught. Happy Fishing and BBQ!!!! :)

Whoa!!!!

plated.jpg

congrats on the catch, and attaboy on the cook, looks amazing

Incredible! Hopefully you left some trout, b/c now that I know of this place I may have to visit! My brother n law has a condo in Lake Arrowhead, so I'm up in that general area once a month or so. Thanks so much!

Incredible! Hopefully you left some trout, b/c now that I know of this place I may have to visit! My brother n law has a condo in Lake Arrowhead, so I'm up in that general area once a month or so. Thanks so much!

Thanks, that's cool your brother in law has a condo in Arrowhead. You will catch fish at Jess Ranch Lakes as I read the fishing reports each week. Also, if your on FB, go to Big Bear Sporting Goods page, they are catching a lot of big trout at Big Bear lake too! Happy Fishing and Happy eating!!!!!

Back