Bruce's First Skyline Rebuild - Before & After

If I had not blown the grill budget this year, I’d be on that like sauce on a Lou Malnati pizza! $400 is very fair!
Very nice work Bruce!
When I find the basket case near me, there will either be a road trip or a LOT of email!
How does the left hand “lift table” look when raised with the (smart idea) handle?
I like that idea very very much, I might see what I can find to do that on my Genny.

Last edited:
Bill, I don't really know and I really don't want to try to add them up. But, what I do know is that if I sell it for $400 as it sits, I won't make much more per hour than the kid down at Taco Bell.

If I had not blown the grill budget this year, I’d be on that like sauce on a Lou Malnati pizza! $400 is very fair!
Very nice work Bruce!
When I find the basket case near me, there will either be a road trip or a LOT of email!
How does the left hand “lift table” look when raised with the (smart idea) handle?
I like that idea very very much, I might see what I can find to do that on my Genny.

141y1ni.jpg

Bill, I don't really know and I really don't want to try to add them up. But, what I do know is that if I sell it for $400 as it sits, I won't make much more per hour than the kid down at Taco Bell.

But at least the work is enjoyable to you unlike Taco Bell work. I know that feeling as I do a lot of gardening and I sometimes ask myself if it's worth it compared to buying produce in the store. Especially when dealing with rabbits, cabbage worms, deer, and bean beetles eating your crop.

I like the way the handle end works over the “line” aesthetic.
Thanks for posting that shot Bruce.
Want one, Want one, want one!

Bruce, this is a beauty and I am going to steal your idea and rob the handles off of that parts Silver B I picked up. I think the grill really looks good with those black end pieces.

I got a bite on facebook on the skyline. Guy says he wants it and will be calling me tomorrow to discuss it. He didn't mention any haggling but as with all FB and CL deals, they are not deals until the guy shows up with his truck and the $$$$$. He would be coming from about 90 miles or so away.

That grill is worth more than $400. I'd walk even at an offer of $350. You have too much time in it, and the black left hand side wraparound give it a modern look. I'd stand firm at $400, and if offered less, I'd say "OK, well here's how I negotiate. Now it's $450."

But that's just my little fantasy!

LOL: I like it.

Here is what he said on FB: "Chad Myhre: I'll take it. Consider it sold. I'll call you tomorrow and we can set something up"

So, let's just hope it all works out and get my $400 and as an added bonus, I don't have to store it in my garage all winter long.

LOL: I like it.

Here is what he said on FB: "Chad Myhre: I'll take it. Consider it sold. I'll call you tomorrow and we can set something up"

So, let's just hope it all works out and get my $400 and as an added bonus, I don't have to store it in my garage all winter long.

Bruce,
I agree with Tim that you should hold your ground. I think you may have found your hoped-for type of buyer that appreciates what you have. I doubt he would come that far to then risk losing it over haggling. It is a very beautiful and well restored grill with bells and whistles to boot! I will only feel bad that you were in the “club” for such a short time. Hope it sells, though!

P.s. I finally started hand sanding my oak slats for my Skyline. Pretty tedious and my outside location is still hot by daylight and buggy at night :p. I have a helper coming tomorrow (my boss’s son - you might remember from my Crown Verity grill posts), so I hope to at least start putting a dent into my too numerous to count projects. Will try to provide winter inspiration for you guys in snow country;).

Yah Bruce, I hope you get your asking price also. That Skyline is worth that price and then some.

Well, he is supposed to call today to set up a meet, likely Sunday. So, I guess I will know by the end of the day if he is serious.

Back