BroilMaster P3 Restore

I give up then. My limited knowledge of the various BM Grills has nothing more.
A picture would be good. 😀

I give up then. My limited knowledge of the various BM Grills has nothing more.
A picture would be good. 😀
203342512_10159198991700761_1145521275737794991_n.jpg

Jon, I think he wants to go the other way NG - LP
I'm going the same direction!

BTW, you don't need to swap manifolds — the factory conversion kit consists of just orifices with supply tubes (you have to add a hose with a regulator, or course.) Easy and cheap.
Yeah I am sorry for being a dunderhead and not reading that carefully. I actually have a set of the orifices to swap (easy on a Broilmaster like you said), but you also have to change from a NG hose to an LP regulator. When I misread your comment I thought we could just swap all of that.

Yeah I am sorry for being a dunderhead and not reading that carefully. I actually have a set of the orifices to swap (easy on a Broilmaster like you said), but you also have to change from a NG hose to an LP regulator. When I misread your comment I thought we could just swap all of that.
No sweat. In fact, if you ever need a brand new, never been used Broilmaster factory NG hose, let me know.

So I was checking FB groups and I belong to 2 Weber groups, 1 Napoleon Group, and noticed there is no Broilmaster group, just the page for the manufacturer. So 2 weeks ago I started a Broilmaster group to see if anyone was interested. Well it seems not as not a single user joined.

I just applied. Best thing you can do is get the word out like you did here. Otherwise, like me, no one is likely to stumble across it.

Well, I joined!

Joe,
The sad thing is that for such a long-lived brand, still made in the USA, Broilmaster has just not been able to catch on like Weber. As has been discussed here from time to time, I think the main thing is that they are kind of homely. The original design was OK decades ago, but Webers with their flashy porcelain colors and sleeker design appealed more to most people, self included:genesis2:. You never see Broilmasters at any retail place except maybe a gas company or high end grill shop where they are usually treated as a second class offering.

Unfortunately, Broilmaster finally put capital into a new all-stainless grill that, while I am sure it is a fine grill, just looks like everyone else's. No market exposure. They needed something that was more out of the box in creative thinking, and then some money to promote it.

There are some Broilmaster fans out there, so be patient and maybe we will have some company :). I will try to post some pictures of my old restores and the "double" project that languishes in my shed. Maybe that will get some interest. I know you have some to post, too. Let's see what we can do!

Yah, I will post a few pictures when my membership application is approved. The more activity on the page will prompt more search hits on it.

So I was checking FB groups and I belong to 2 Weber groups, 1 Napoleon Group, and noticed there is no Broilmaster group, just the page for the manufacturer. So 2 weeks ago I started a Broilmaster group to see if anyone was interested. Well it seems not as not a single user joined.
Too bad I'm no longer on FB — I'd join!

(BTW, someone needs to make a Broilmaster smiley for use in sig lines here. There's a BGE, so why not a BM?)

The sad thing is that for such a long-lived brand, still made in the USA, Broilmaster has just not been able to catch on like Weber. As has been discussed here from time to time, I think the main thing is that they are kind of homely. The original design was OK decades ago, but Webers with their flashy porcelain colors and sleeker design appealed more to most people, self included:genesis2:.
With all the hipsters doing the retro thing, down to rolling the cuffs of their selvedge denim jeans, you'd think there would be a market for a decidedly mid-century design like the BM. (Have you seen what "mid-century modern" furniture sells for these days?) Maybe the "out of the box" thinking they need is how and who they market to.

Last edited:
Came down to the beach house only to find this baby did a full on face plant on our deck. It was OK though. I lifted it upright and after picking up and replacing the ceramic briquettes, I fired it up. Hit 500 in five minutes. The igniter on the Broilmaster absolutely sucks in every way.
It is extremely tough to replace. It works correctly about 30% of the time.

I'm going to secure it to the deck railing.

Attachments

• 20220217_151000.jpg
    20220217_151000.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220217_151551.jpg
    20220217_151551.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220217_151601.jpg
    20220217_151601.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 6
Came down to the beach house only to find this baby did a full on face plant on our deck. It was OK though. I lifted it upright and after picking up and replacing the ceramic briquettes, I fired it up. Hit 500 in five minutes. The igniter on the Broilmaster absolutely sucks in every way.
It is extremely tough to replace. It works correctly about 30% of the time.

I'm going to secure it to the deck railing.
They are sturdy grills. Funny but my igniter gave up recently also. I will sadly be selling mine soon as I will only need one gasser on our new home's porch and the Napoleon won out. I will have to give it a good cleaning soon.

$6.00 well spent at Home Depot. Lashed it with steel rope to the deck rail.
It's not going anywhere.

Attachments

• 20220218_123754_HDR.jpg
    20220218_123754_HDR.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220218_123757_HDR.jpg
    20220218_123757_HDR.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 10
I have never had one even hint at a "face plant" but last year I saw the wind push my Wolf across the deck toward the stairs with the only thing stopping it from literally crashing down the stairs the (thankfully) steel reinforced gas hose.

I have seen several posts of grill owners who chain their grills to the deck or whatever because of theft risk. Glad I don't live where that is a real issue.

Back