BroilMaster P3 Restore

Well, I tried to buy that Broilmaster...

Seller's schedule was hectic, so on Friday I made an appointment for 9:am Sunday. Then I get an email on Saturday telling me that "another party has become interested in the grill, and will pay me <more than the asking price> at 8:am on Sunday. If you still want it, you'll have to beat his offer." (Keep in mind he's been advertising this grill for more than two months with no takers. Suddenly he has someone who wants to buy it for more than asking? Suuuuuuuuuuure, fella...)

I've been through this scenario more than once with Craigslist flakes, and simply didn't respond. Sure enough, at about 10:am on Sunday I get the expected email "the other party had to go out of state this morning, so the grill is still available if you want it..."

Nope. I don't play the Craigslist games. Another deal will come along; they always do.

Good resolve there Grant. Good for you. I hate people playing games.
I sold a vinyl storage shed last year. It was a nice one I had bought for my son while we living in a temporary small apartment. He moved so I listed it for what I paid. I had twenty responses with in 15 mintutes. Yah, I way undersold it. But I gave it to the first guy who offered full price. I had three more after that offering $50 to $100 more. I told them it was taken, but would let them know if the other party didn't show up....they did, it was sold and I was good with that.

I have played the game and still got a good deal. I think it was a Q120 with table that was advertised for $10. I went up to $25 and let them know I was on my way or I was out. I did get the grill and still made over $100 on it. I thin you may still want to get that grill. It is a sweet deal.

Wow. Never expected this thread to go 13 pages lol.

Glad other people found Broilmasters that worked for them. Unfortunately mine went to the curb this AM for the scrap guys.

It was one issue after another.
- Replaced the burner but was unable to remount it due to broken off screws in the firebox.
- Only one valve was working. They were new valves, and after adjusting it just never got better.
- Then the stand failed and needed a total rebuild that I didn't have time to do.
- The final straw was when I hit the wheel with my golf cart and broke it off.

I pulled the good parts off and stashed them. IF anyone needs stainless grates, new "big" burner, under burner plate, ceramic bricks/plate or knobs, let me know and we can work out a good price.

nPEVTXVdNTalT_3n7Xqvas9pwtfwtkFl1-rYmZOTt8O2Hnc-yC2uCRTHWr67BjM5j7VAsZkjzV4sYJyr4lPX46K8WE54he-fDEbA-AbTLl-YmevWwQKYLkK1UDsbklIjQBHeN76tuqYvKV82cowgYLbEYYjQWlUwg_XXFIonUEDmz64TKNisKiPYhXm-VzfPnX_zCGivcve_loNNWnhSYtFgDSjyGwcH0vXJ6vE_RP0lTzxKNggfttjRFGGtzMHm1F0N7v1ecm0JGtSdes5B4ZFSJy9Spnzv1Lx1wQmYW3DPqjXa4g4blGY66ztnxw6Eo9dF0sbmbCx1NyZu0B-06OGDz-SDBn-7cBXQVv8Shft623AHUnKA3paG-UxQx2GpOg5K5bJ3LsftAnLA82x9k-ENB927VvZSyRFyIyXndX6ab-gpwxRlEPYvcjBCq0FFI-AESXrkko5P6pX4RR2wpUJmDJEHV8DqVMMQf-acjvIsrpyuZCwS-VVLzuqr7ZBjqEeeimG50-pHP_UnB8wNgkTCEittM0OovqBIGhH_hFVWbaBo_9JFLM8cSl9R3FgRJy7x28ScT-eB4vjjxSc1cE3fnhgs06GQ1H-l3jHbT8xlEZ-yFJSSBMpte_xmrlMhJco4caupUV_31gMn9grTEOUhxC8QdOsVvUt-4OQgMNHfL8OHEE5bQi98WWneBShRyWqfP_0inW8nBdAdC4E9dIqCpw=w1486-h837-no

Wow. Never expected this thread to go 13 pages lol.

Glad other people found Broilmasters that worked for them. Unfortunately mine went to the curb this AM for the scrap guys.

It was one issue after another.
- Replaced the burner but was unable to remount it due to broken off screws in the firebox.
- Only one valve was working. They were new valves, and after adjusting it just never got better.
- Then the stand failed and needed a total rebuild that I didn't have time to do.
- The final straw was when I hit the wheel with my golf cart and broke it off.

I pulled the good parts off and stashed them. IF anyone needs stainless grates, new "big" burner, under burner plate, ceramic bricks/plate or knobs, let me know and we can work out a good price.

nPEVTXVdNTalT_3n7Xqvas9pwtfwtkFl1-rYmZOTt8O2Hnc-yC2uCRTHWr67BjM5j7VAsZkjzV4sYJyr4lPX46K8WE54he-fDEbA-AbTLl-YmevWwQKYLkK1UDsbklIjQBHeN76tuqYvKV82cowgYLbEYYjQWlUwg_XXFIonUEDmz64TKNisKiPYhXm-VzfPnX_zCGivcve_loNNWnhSYtFgDSjyGwcH0vXJ6vE_RP0lTzxKNggfttjRFGGtzMHm1F0N7v1ecm0JGtSdes5B4ZFSJy9Spnzv1Lx1wQmYW3DPqjXa4g4blGY66ztnxw6Eo9dF0sbmbCx1NyZu0B-06OGDz-SDBn-7cBXQVv8Shft623AHUnKA3paG-UxQx2GpOg5K5bJ3LsftAnLA82x9k-ENB927VvZSyRFyIyXndX6ab-gpwxRlEPYvcjBCq0FFI-AESXrkko5P6pX4RR2wpUJmDJEHV8DqVMMQf-acjvIsrpyuZCwS-VVLzuqr7ZBjqEeeimG50-pHP_UnB8wNgkTCEittM0OovqBIGhH_hFVWbaBo_9JFLM8cSl9R3FgRJy7x28ScT-eB4vjjxSc1cE3fnhgs06GQ1H-l3jHbT8xlEZ-yFJSSBMpte_xmrlMhJco4caupUV_31gMn9grTEOUhxC8QdOsVvUt-4OQgMNHfL8OHEE5bQi98WWneBShRyWqfP_0inW8nBdAdC4E9dIqCpw=w1486-h837-no
I am sorry for the problems that you had. They can be challenging. As I have the time, I kind of liked the challenges. Is the firebox and lid OK. Did the trash take it away yet? You have basically a whole grill and maybe should just sell it together "AS IS"

I am sorry for the problems that you had. They can be challenging. As I have the time, I kind of liked the challenges. Is the firebox and lid OK. Did the trash take it away yet? You have basically a whole grill and maybe should just sell it together "AS IS"
Unfortunately the grill market here doesn't support anything other than a fully functional restoration. I just sold a nearly a flawless Made in USA Genesis with flip out side tables for $150 and it took me 3 months to get that. Most of what I salvage ends up going to family and friends as break-even projects.

Most folks I deal with want a grill (I didn't say Weber, they don't care) that works, have no appreciation for the durability of the older models, are only willing to pay $50. That includes me delivering it and it better come with a propane tank or I'm gonna get lowballed even further.

Remember, I paid $35 for this thing to begin with, and the guy had been trying to sell it for 6 months!

I'm disappointed that I took a $115 loss on this project, but knowing that this thread encouraged folks like you to save so many others from an early grave at least gives me some consolation. Hopefully I'll be able to ship the good parts I have left to someone and recoup a little bit of that loss.

Unfortunately the grill market here doesn't support anything other than a fully functional restoration. I just sold a nearly a flawless Made in USA Genesis with flip out side tables for $150 and it took me 3 months to get that. Most of what I salvage ends up going to family and friends as break-even projects.

Most folks I deal with want a grill (I didn't say Weber, they don't care) that works, have no appreciation for the durability of the older models, are only willing to pay $50. That includes me delivering it and it better come with a propane tank or I'm gonna get lowballed even further.

Remember, I paid $35 for this thing to begin with, and the guy had been trying to sell it for 6 months!

I'm disappointed that I took a $115 loss on this project, but knowing that this thread encouraged folks like you to save so many others from an early grave at least gives me some consolation. Hopefully I'll be able to ship the good parts I have left to someone and recoup a little bit of that loss.
I was thinking that my wife and I were invited to Pawleys Island SC for Thanksgiving (we are only going if the host decides to get vaccinated) and maybe I could do a side trip to pick up your BM. But I would need the firebox and lid and any other parts destined for the trash.

I was thinking that my wife and I were invited to Pawleys Island SC for Thanksgiving (we are only going if the host decides to get vaccinated) and maybe I could do a side trip to pick up your BM. But I would need the firebox and lid and any other parts destined for the trash.
aw shucks. would have kept it for you. If you want all the spare parts, shoot me a PM and we can figure out something.

Just went into garage cleanup mode and with my new Silver C find and the Plat frame lingering while I wait for a deep box to show up for the Frankengrill so I had to make the room.

I've moved into flipping/repairing golf carts more now and boy does that hobby consume a garage in a hurry.

aw shucks. would have kept it for you. If you want all the spare parts, shoot me a PM and we can figure out something.

Just went into garage cleanup mode and with my new Silver C find and the Plat frame lingering while I wait for a deep box to show up for the Frankengrill so I had to make the room.

I've moved into flipping/repairing golf carts more now and boy does that hobby consume a garage in a hurry.
Too funny as we are having a home built and hopefully next year we will be living in a community with golf carts. I may be looking for an inexpensive used one down the road. Where do you get yours? Are they electric?

Good resolve there Grant. Good for you. I hate people playing games.
I sold a vinyl storage shed last year. It was a nice one I had bought for my son while we living in a temporary small apartment. He moved so I listed it for what I paid. I had twenty responses with in 15 mintutes. Yah, I way undersold it. But I gave it to the first guy who offered full price. I had three more after that offering $50 to $100 more. I told them it was taken, but would let them know if the other party didn't show up....they did, it was sold and I was good with that.
Well, I decided to give it another shot — because how often do you come across a brand-new Broilmaster for under $200?

I made up a new email address and used a pseudonym, so that any bad feelings from the first dealing wouldn't taint the exchange. Turns out he's actually a nice guy, but a little inexperienced when it comes to Craigslist trolls. He got trolled.

Anyhow, I ended up with the grill for $175. It is set up for NG, so I'll need to do a conversion, but that's easy and cheap on BMs.

Here are some pics (in the background you can see the bare ground that I've graded in preparation for building an 8' x 10' BBQ shelter — which gets started tomorrow!)

Attachments

• IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Well, I decided to give it another shot — because how often do you come across a brand-new Broilmaster for under $200?

I made up a new email address and used a pseudonym, so that any bad feelings from the first dealing wouldn't taint the exchange. Turns out he's actually a nice guy, but a little inexperienced when it comes to Craigslist trolls. He got trolled.

Anyhow, I ended up with the grill for $175. It is set up for NG, so I'll need to do a conversion, but that's easy and cheap on BMs.

Here are some pics (in the background you can see the bare ground that I've graded in preparation for building an 8' x 10' BBQ shelter — which gets started tomorrow!)
Grant,

If you are not in a super big hurry, I have a Broilmaster with NG connection but want LP. Maybe we could swap manifolds and NGhose/LP regulator?

Grant,

If you are not in a super big hurry, I have a Broilmaster with NG connection but want LP. Maybe we could swap manifolds and NGhose/LP regulator?
I'm going the same direction!

BTW, you don't need to swap manifolds — the factory conversion kit consists of just orifices with supply tubes (you have to add a hose with a regulator, or course.) Easy and cheap.

Back