BroilMaster P3 Restore

I have seen several posts of grill owners who chain their grills to the deck or whatever because of theft risk. Glad I don't live where that is a real issue.
If someone can steal my Wolf I guess they're welcome to it LOL

I have seen several posts of grill owners who chain their grills to the deck or whatever because of theft risk. Glad I don't live where that is a real issue.
Theft is not an issue. But the wind can be brutal here... not to mention hurricane season. I'm just glad nothing happened. I'm going to wait until it's a bit warmer and adjust the burner vents. But I'm not going to put the cover back on . It's off for the season.

Theft is not an issue. But the wind can be brutal here... not to mention hurricane season. I'm just glad nothing happened. I'm going to wait until it's a bit warmer and adjust the burner vents. But I'm not going to put the cover back on . It's off for the season.
I would maybe think about putting an old bike tube or some kind of chafe protection between the rope and grill or it may damage the grill.

I just cleaned up the bowtie burner and I must say I am quite disappointed. I bought this one new in June of last year and it all the seams show signs of rust. Below will be picture of the burner after I have cleaned and oiled it. I don't see this lasting more than a few years.
20220219_174118.jpg

I just cleaned up the bowtie burner and I must say I am quite disappointed. I bought this one new in June of last year and it all the seams show signs of rust. Below will be picture of the burner after I have cleaned and oiled it. I don't see this lasting more than a few years.
View attachment 45752
I bought the same one this past summer and have it in my P3. It's rusted already too. $112 for a burner is expensive by anyone's measure. I have the one that was in it when I bought it that is still I good shape but they aren't top quality stainless steel that's for sure.

Just started cleaning up the P3 to see if it will sell before I move and found that the igniter wire was disconnected from the button. I like nice easy fixes.
I fired mine up this morning and it worked. I find lighting the right side of yhe bowtie works way better than trying to light the left side first. An old habit from years of using a Weber I guess.

Wow those things got expensive. I had looked at those when I had my BM but they were only about $60 or so. Thing is I was talking to the BM rep and he sent me a free OEM one. Albeit the smaller one that superseded the big one but free none the less

Wow those things got expensive. I had looked at those when I had my BM but they were only about $60 or so. Thing is I was talking to the BM rep and he sent me a free OEM one. Albeit the smaller one that superseded the big one but free none the less
I'm wondering how much of a difference the bigger one vs the newer replacement smaller one really makes. Most information I found was anecdotal like Amazon reviews.

Here is a BM parts site. It might have some better prices. Not sure.
They have the smaller bowtie burner. It's priced significantly less. I'd likely go with the smaller one when the two OEM sized ones rust out...which might very well be sooner than I expected.

I'm just throwing an idea out here, but isn't it possible that the smaller one is "better"? When burning fuel, it is a mixture of oxygen and fuel that creates heat, so the smaller one may provide more efficient burning of the gas due to more oxygen able to mix with the gas at combustion.

Does the larger one "work better"? Which one has a better range of temperatures, low and high?

I'm just kind of jumping in here for no reason, if I'm way off base just disregard this ha ha

I am no scientist/physicist, but I think most of the needed air/oxygen gets mixed with the fuel back at the venturi where the orifice and burner tubes meet.

Back