Brisket and a Badger win!

Ed M.

TVWBB Guru
Decided to do a brisket today. Watched the Badgers win their first game of the season during the cook. :)

Seasoned up a 12 lb. brisket. Cooked on the WSM using a mix of Kingsford blue, Grove lump charcoal and a few pieces of red oak for smoke.

003.jpg~original

On to the WSM for a few hours. Here are some action pics. Put some foil under the outer edges to keep them from getting too dried out. Worked out well.

012-3.jpg~original

005-1.jpg~original

013-5.jpg~original

4 hours in and ready to go in to a foiled pan until probe tender.

010.jpg~original

Had to doctor up a pan to get the WSM cover on. Worked out fine. Foiled the top and let the WSM go wide open and checked every half hour for tenderness. Took about 2 more hours.

014-1.jpg~original

Probe tender and cooling down until slice time!

019-1.jpg~original

Will update later after the slicing. I did sample some of the point and it sure was tasty.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Great looking cook! And all I'm doing is making nachos and watching what I think might be a OSU Buckeye win.

Here are a couple of pic of the flat sliced up. Tough to get good indoor flash pics.:(

The brisket was very tasty and pull apart tender.

Again, thanks for looking!

021-1.jpg~original

024-2.jpg~original

Last edited:
Nice ring. Great lookin cookin.

I haven't done a packer in a while. You've given me inspiration to do one.

Congrats on your team win. Sure is good football is back.

Ed,

Looks like 2 Wins today !!! If there is such a thing as a Brisket Beauty contest, You would win, Hands Down !

Excellent Cook. My hat's off to the pitmaster !!!

That is one mighty fine brisket there Ed. Smoke ring looks great and definitely looks to have plenty of moisture. Well Done!

Back