Breakfast at Oshkosh

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
Been intending to do this post for some time, but since we're gearing up to head to EAA this week and start over I guess it's now or never! Going to be a long post but promise there is actually a bit of Weber kettle action included. I'm going to try to get them up as fast as possible, will probably take an hour to do-60+.

Boeing's ECO demonstrator.

Boeing%20ECO.jpg

C-5M Super Galaxy.

Heavy%20Metal.jpg

ScaleWings kit Mustangs.

ScaleWings%20Mustangs.jpg

Cavalon Autogyros.

Cavalon%20Autogyros.jpg

Two Messerschmitt Bf-109 variants. One ex-Spanish air force bird with an Alison engine, other with an authentic DB605 engine.

109%20Buchon.jpg

109G.jpg

This one hurts. This is the Bell P-63 Kingcobra tragically lost in the mishap at Dallas last year.

P-63.jpg

Westland Lysander.

Lysander.jpg

Skip Stewart after cutting the ribbon with Prometheus.

Skip%20Stewart%20Ribbon.jpg

Arch.jpg

B-25 and the Aeroshell formation team.

B25RedstarandAeroshell.jpg

Grumman F7F Tigercat starting up.

TigercatStart.jpg

Flight of the Cats. Grumman F7F Tigercat, F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, and ultra-rare early war F4F-3 Wildcat.

Cats.jpg

Hellcat rolling over the top.

HellcatInverted.jpg

Jet warbirds day. Lockheed T-33

T33.jpg

Jet%20day.jpg

F-86 Sabre and MiG-17

SabreFresco.jpg

Jet%20trainers.jpg

Enstrom helo.

Enstrom%20Helo.jpg

Placeholder

Another Tigercat

F7FLaPatrona.jpg

F7FKitty.jpg

Vans RVs departing.

Vans.jpg

RV4.jpg

RC%20Display.jpg

Bally's Bomber, replica B-17.

Ballyqus%20Bomber.jpg

Polaris Program arrival.

Polaris%20Arrival.jpg

Bombardier 700

Polaris%20Bombardier%20700.jpg

Jared Isaacson's MiG-29 Fulcrum.

Fulcrum%20Burners.jpg

Kettle in the campgrounds.

78D7F493-93D4-4BEB-9830-A96EA5689FD2.jpeg

Replica Fokker D.VII and Sopwith Pup

Fokker.jpg

P-51B in Bud Anderson's markings. Bud was there and actually flew in a Mustang that week- quite a 100th birthday achievement!

Old%20Crow%20B.jpg

MustangsStartup_Mace.jpg

Wisconsin ANG KC-135 tanker.

Milwaukee135.jpg

Indiana ANG "Blacksnakes" A-10 in anniversary paint scheme.

Blacksnakes%20A10.jpg

T-38

T38.jpg

C-17 demo

C17.jpg

KC-135

Kc135R.jpg

USAF F-35A demo

F-35A_.jpg

Last edited:
Carbon Cub FX3

Carbon%20Cub%20FX3.jpg

Navy Legacy Flight with F-35C, E/A-18 Growler, Corsair, and Skyraider. More Navy to come...

Navy%20Legacy%201.jpg

Aero.jpg

Army Air.

ArmyAir.jpg

Osprey demo

Osprey%20Hover.jpg

Boeing Plaza, early morning before the crowd.

Boeing%20Plaza%20Heavy%20Metal.jpg

New KC-46 Pegasus tanker.

KC46.jpg

Vietnam veterans Honor Flight jet returning from a trip to DC.

Honor%20Flight.jpg

Homebuilts.

Homebuilts.jpg

Fuel%20truck.jpg

Navy E-2 Hawkeye demo

E2%20Demo.jpg

Hawker Sea Fury

Sea%20Fury.jpg

F-35C launching.

F-35C%20launch.jpg

F-35C%20weapons%20bay.jpg

Growlers (Electronic warfare version of the F/A-18 Super Hornet airframe)

Growlers.jpg

Growler high-speed.

Growler%20Vapes.jpg

Twilight%20Legacy.jpg

Carrier%20Break.jpg

Growler%20Recovery.jpg

F-35C%20recovery.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent camera work, Clay !!!
This year, Rod Lewis is bringing "Bataan". It was Gen. MacArthur's Connie transport. Beautifully restored by Steve Hinton's company at Chino airport, about 12 miles from us. It flew overhead our house for about a week while testing. A must see.
All those years I was involved in aviation and never making it to either Oshkosh or Fun N Sun. I'll just live through your excellent pictures.
Have Fun this year !!!

Excellent camera work, Clay !!!
This year, Rod Lewis is bringing "Bataan". It was Gen. MacArthur's Connie transport. Beautifully restored by Steve Hinton's company at Chino airport, about 12 miles from us. It flew overhead our house for about a week while testing. A must see.
All those years I was involved in aviation and never making it to either Oshkosh or Fun N Sun. I'll just live through your excellent pictures.
Have Fun this year !!!
Can't wait to see the Constellation, I think there's probably been more anticipation for that than anything since the XP-82 came to the 2019 show. In other new restorations, there's also what I believe to be the only airworthy razorback P-47 that Dakota Air Museum just got finished up.

For all of you wingnuts out there, BBC produced a 6 episode show called _Inside the Spitfire Factory_. All about a restoration of a WW II era Spitfire, and even found pilots who flew it.

@Clay Neubauer Those are some good shots.

That's "Scrappy". Originally a Carbon Cub HIGHLY MODIFIED by Mike Patey. I can't stress enough the phrase HIGHLY MODIFIED !!!!. You have to see Mike's YouTube channel, Mike Patey , to fully appreciate what Scrappy really is. Hint... It's backcountry, 2 person aircraft. A Very Much 1 of a Kind.
Oh... Mike was on his way to Oshkosh this past weekend when one of his other planes Rolls Royce PT-6 engine grenaded on him while at 23,000 feet and 415 kts speed. Said the prop stopped in about 3 seconds ! He glided to a landing without any power. So much for showing it off at Osh !

For all of you wingnuts out there, BBC produced a 6 episode show called _Inside the Spitfire Factory_. All about a restoration of a WW II era Spitfire, and even found pilots who flew it.

@Clay Neubauer Those are some good shots.

The instructor I took my initial flight lessons from 38 years ago was a Colonel in the RAF. He had Spitfire time ! Great instructor ! Didn't settle for anything but perfect performance from his students.

I really need to finally extract the pics I shot of a few T6 Texans at the little airport where I grew up , from a couple of years back. They were enjoying a gorgeous July day and going on a burger flight.

Back