Brats and Ebelskivers by the sea

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Took my youngest for a 1,200 mile road trip with our converted cargo trailer camper. We traveled past Crater Lake (we didn't stop as we had just been a few months back), down the Rogue River, into Northern California, the Redwoods, Crescent City, then up the Oregon Coast before heading back home. Do to the wildfires and restrictions I left all the charcoal home. It was propane and gas only. At one stop on the southern Oregon coast we made Ebelskivers for breakfast and Taylor's sausages the night before. Not super impressive food but the views were great.

42894336804_7332ac5d39_c.jpg

43564453272_f3a96d90f8_c.jpg

28723898447_c343ae8c71_c.jpg

28723878017_947f395160_c.jpg

29741493848_4b92cf669f_c.jpg

Oh yeah we went fishing too!

41781624430_4a22d4b7b6_c.jpg

42685281165_20d95ed104_c.jpg

I've never seen a fish that looks like that! Fun

The turquoise one as well as the other two large ones on the table that are brown are Lingcod. About 20% of lingcod have the turquoise flesh. Several other species also do this. When you cook it the meat turns snow white.

Case, that all looks like an amazing trip.

Did you catch or buy the fish? How'd the camper work out? Great pics, man

Case, that all looks like an amazing trip.

Did you catch or buy the fish? How'd the camper work out? Great pics, man

Thanks! It was a great trip.

Yes we caught the fish. My family has a charter fishing business in Depoe Bay Oregon.

The trailer is awesome. Exactly what we wanted. The 2005 RAV4 towed it with no issues.

That rocks. Jealous...love to be throwin a line right now. Glad the rig worked. It was awesome reading your posts on it.

Sounds like a great trip. If memory serves, that ling cod is pretty tasty.

It was a great trip, hated having to go back to work!

Yes Lingcod is great! We ate it the next day with our neighbors. Made some great fish tacos!

Nice post and pictures Case, Those ling's are great tasting fish is that a little orange roughy

Looks like a great trip!
I'm jealous, fishing and Ebelskiver. I only get Ebelskiver on the holidays.

Boy that looks like it was a great trip. I sure miss our travel trailer had some great times up in the Sierras fly fishing. Ebelskivers are a holiday tradition for us every Christmas morning, for 70 years never missed a Christmas. I did notice what looks like eggs in that pan, is that right?

Last edited:
What a fantastic trip, love the pics and Ebelskivers. Like Rich said we do them at Christmas but just may try it before and do some eggs.

I had to google ebelskivers.
They look like what I know as "poffertjes" (Dutch baby little puffed pancakes).
Haven't eaten them for years....

Boy that looks like it was a great trip. I sure miss our travel trailer had some great times up in the Sierras fly fishing. Ebelskivers are a holiday tradition for us every Christmas morning, for 70 years never missed a Christmas. I did notice what looks like eggs in that pan, is that right?

No eggs in the pan, just batter poofing up. I did consider it though. I thought an egg cook would be interesting and I was going to try it last weekend while camping but someone forgot the eggs! So we had to settle for lingonberry ebelskivers!

Looks great, Case! Now I'm wishing I didn't pass on that Weber Gourmet Ebelskiver attachement! They are probably a fortune on ebay now.

Back