Bourbon Brined, Whiskey Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
We've been eating a lot of beef of late - decided pork chops would be a nice change. A rotisserie cook, of course.

Brined the chops for 3 hours in 1/2 Cup Bourbon, 1/2 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 2 Tbs Kosher Salt & 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes.

Rinsed them well, lightly oiled them, & hit with salt & pepper.
Then glazed with a mix of 1/4 cup whiskey, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
& 1 Tbs finely Chopped Fresh Tarragon leaves.
Used maybe 3 tbs of the glaze. Reserved the rest.

Caged & into the 14.5 over a full ring of used briquetts & 3 sticks of pomegranate.

BACtNX3.jpg

Spun for 20 minutes or so at 350* & pulled.

m1zTG9Z.jpg

While the pork was resting, grilled some Granny Smiths.

KdpsstD.jpg

Tossed the apples in the reserved glaze & it was Time To Eat!

i5y5LYj.jpg

Dinner was good.

fwiw - this is a Weber recipe that I cooked for the first time several years ago.
I'm happy I did it again.

Last edited:
I run across this recipe whenever I cruising through my Weber collection. Don't think I've ever tried it. I will now. Outstanding looking dinner Robert. Roto cooks are always fun.

Looks just perfect.

Question: I don't (ever) brine meat (other than for bacon). Were you able to tell it was brined? Reason I ask is using that glaze: wouldn't it would take over the flavour of that brining (?) .

Looks just perfect.

Question: I don't (ever) brine meat (other than for bacon). Were you able to tell it was brined? Reason I ask is using that glaze: wouldn't it would take over the flavour of that brining (?) .

Thanks, Len.

I rinsed the pork several times before cooking - mainly to keep it from being too salty. I think the brine keeps the meat moist during the cook, as does the rotisserie. The glaze definitely takes over the flavor of the brine. Or maybe not - it's a bourbon brine. It's possible that it enhances the flavor of the brine? My twist on the Weber recipe is the brine - Weber doesn't call for it.

Last edited:
Great cook Robert, I've seen a lot of roti cooks lately, I think I need to get one for my performer, got one for my genesis and it works well but the performer would be much better I'm sure.

Great cook Robert - I love the pairing of pork with the grilled apples - that is one great flavor profile. Where did you get you rotisserie basket? I would like to get one like that as well...

Regards,

John

Back