Bha Mhi Haeng Moo Doeng - (Egg Noodles with Red Pork )

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Guru
We've been on a Thai kick of late. I think Asian food really works well with BBQ - There's a lot of sweet and a lot of hot built in, so the basic building blocks are similar. We did some pork loins..

50553464416_e36256cbba_c.jpg

Whipped up a marinade, started by mashing, white peppercorns, cilantro stems and garlic...lots of garlic...

50553614147_e0680eb99b_c.jpg

added some other stuff, and let them soak overnight. Saturday evening on to the Weber. Cooked indirect, to about 145 degrees - Yep, those are looking just about there!

50552726028_313edddbb9_c.jpg

...and plated - Well, I guess bowled, as the case may be... There's a few things going on here. It starts with a layer of spinach on the bottom, mung bean sprouts, Asian pasta tossed in garlic oil, then a broth of chicken stock, thin soy , fish sauce, and plenty-o' garlic - the meat then topped offed with fried garlic. It was a treat!

50553587442_b775a19876_c.jpg

Peter, that looks absolutely delicious!! Did you follow a specific recipe? If so, got a link? :) Would love to have a go at this one!

Rich

Yes sir I'd like a bowl please and two pairs of chop sticks so I can double down!

I quite often lean Asian when bbq'ing. Lots of good flavor out there to explore.

Back