Belated Happy Birthday dinner!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The day was actually yesterday but, an enormous pork tenderloin sandwich and two flagons of barley pop was not going to let me enjoy the lamb I had planned so, I’m extending my birthday (through Saturday actually but, that will be another thread, maybe.) feasting.
Tonight rack of lamb :
C575E266-EB93-4B2F-B0EA-5C5D595411F1.jpeg:

Risotto con Funghi:
2C535B3A-BC3C-448F-9851-668EA0A05EBA.jpeg

Happy Birthday Timothy F. Lewis...That Rack of lamb is just waiting for some heat... It looks wonderful.

Thanks very much, long distance phone calls managed to get a few things out of kilter but, dinner was lovely!a

Pretty but, three minutes under done even for me.
But the risotto made up for it.
D5CEE65F-27CC-4144-9B02-E2101C49EE4D.jpeg
Not my best but, it was really a good dinner!
I need to get some sleep.
Happens Birthday to me!

Happy "belated" Birthday, Timothy

How strange, I just started reading a book titled "A Stiff Risotto".

Last edited:
Just getting things set up for the real feast tomorrow with a few friends and the family, wings, prime brisket, smashed potatoes, roasted carrots, maybe Brussells sprouts, grilled peppers, mettwurst, wonderful bread from a favorite bakery and a delightful lemon cake from the same bakery! The Dutch bakery down the hill closes for the month of August so, I have find my cake elsewhere. So, I go about a hundred+/- miles round trip to get mine. The bakery is “Bit of Swiss” in Stevensville. Pretty website. And next weekend I get to do another feast for my wife and DIL birthday dinners. Work, work, work! Then Eat, eat, eat!

Just getting things set up for the real feast tomorrow with a few friends and the family, wings, prime brisket, smashed potatoes, roasted carrots, maybe Brussells sprouts, grilled peppers, mettwurst, wonderful bread from a favorite bakery and a delightful lemon cake from the same bakery! The Dutch bakery down the hill closes for the month of August so, I have find my cake elsewhere. So, I go about a hundred+/- miles round trip to get mine. The bakery is “Bit of Swiss” in Stevensville. Pretty website. And next weekend I get to do another feast for my wife and DIL birthday dinners. Work, work, work! Then Eat, eat, eat!
Now your talkin a great meal! Happy belated birthday.

Thanks Rich,
I’m using some rambutan charcoal on this cook, hard as sin to light! A buddy brought it over so, we talked about it’s ignition and what might be a good way to get the best use out of the stuff. Decided to lay smoke wood on the bottom(a la Harry Soo) then a substantial layer of KBB more chunks and then lay a radius layer of the long rambutan sticks and light (Sidewinder Minion) . After about half an hour things were looking pretty good with back vents throttles down to a sliver and front at about half. Woke up this morning about 7:00 (normal) and pit was down to about 175, went down opened the door, things looked different from the KBB cook but, nothing to be worried about so, I’m opening the bottom to about half and the front full. Half an hour in and it’s still hovering about 175. I think I might fire off a dozen briquettes and kick this mule.

Back