Beer.

just tapped this guy: PFriem Pilsner....
Happy Thanksgiving!

ADCreHeiBaLeCk3b9PdpmtwRIHTUACC9u0RMLWMukVTb02spyTXXdRIRclypta-KmZRzfEC7ci8waIeN0dXVx4vxYcXEAgHj_tXdUMHsbId4cM8eJVpTvDh1T1LkKTf26d2tgqkJJTVsx34cQ1qjcBH9ZGM5BcC4DDZjHufOapyjxe3YBTha1vKdWtvC78UnQHwgtaK4IlzSuy_3YIh8ECT6b8CL4vJmksLuhHppolpugGh4bOmWD76x7tyk6EK4BUWxP0kBqVbrT6kR-4FEC2CNnnk67xtSCcfzzqkjEtiRcyvmEy0sfuigMXZx2GiJBNlIYLrKDdUw22rpZywB2MILsFdK2_OKHZrUWPIoRKwpqxaTUfgOgF29FZvQT_EOzdWYsEjX1faFgr1MgsHWJxAJ_39qit8uhLh5OxbIug2_FVgBhYq23_xbHaR7xuQJfGRkBXGpAMHyZUujzRj83Lrs-GLvUKcSFbf8iYvQTbLctVZpSsa4gur1R5F72of_PqThY8UgaXvH7DVnhF1WwRuyJXf0Nul_X44UcMDprhPBUCUOppdaLMKIWznFQwvxngfQTPEo088FjRYquqAI42gjnzYVFwH1UxAotH8fwhI_VknZOzHX_-mZ9RhQ_RPB2e-G8WGUp80BFg99K0HwP3jLfAErpOhHW7AoCGCzWcrFFV7yV50yMfCAK97BudtJkBtfsWCQKhg6k28gGmLFlHNskuuAiDBg9OfB4qzPg-ZuHsfrz9lhrrKX0sE2faMIbMrzeBSeJs57AL0n3f4E0lla4oL3bUpvnHc3qOyAeOHKT1W7e2lbMmAagWfl2qAw92w66po14cG-yT9k1yXm-pOLRUwWzy92ubvue9ryPl4zi6xMBx1Y9yyrmXxJqp1Sb56U8GGsIk4ldpbienXF0gvkTlmDJw=w809-h1075-s-no-gm

Hey Arun, look what I just found.

BEER SLUSH (granita)

Pour one 12 oz. bottle of your favorite lager or Belgian white beer into a shallow baking dish and freeze, scraping it with a fork every
30 minutes for 2 hours. Spoon the granita into glasses and top with a drizzle of grenadine, or lemonade or limeade concentrate.

Source: Food Network mag. July 2012

BEER SLUSH (granita)

Pour one 12 oz. bottle of your favorite lager or Belgian white beer into a shallow baking dish and freeze, scraping it with a fork every
30 minutes for 2 hours. Spoon the granita into glasses and top with a drizzle of grenadine, or lemonade or limeade concentrate.

Beer slush = living up north come winter.

Beer slush = living up north come winter.
<waves>

There's a trend in craft brewery tap rooms these days to have a slush machine running on the bar. My local tap room put one in early this past summer, and tried a whole range of things. What did seem to work best for them was to use their unflavored seltzer right out of the tap, then add flavoring of choice. The pina colada was a hit, so was the margarita flavors. Something a little different for sure.

BEER SLUSH (granita)

Thanks! A few years ago, I started making fruit granitas.

Now I know there's a beer version too!

Happy Friday!

Went to a local brewery in the San Diego area (Clairemont Mesa/Convoy) call Hopnonymous
Hopnonymous.jpg

A nice selection of drafts on the board
Hop Drafts.jpg

The flight of six we selected
Hop Flight.jpg

Industrial/Warehouse Rollup Door vibe and feel, but relaxed, chill and fun. We can home with a growler of the Ice Ice Hazy IPA.

Was bummed that I had to go into corpus to get my celebration but I wasn't going to miss out this year. Last year our HEB had it here in town. But.....I was rewarded! Having had all except CYPB, full proof is my favorite of the bunch and what a bottle for 60 bucks. Cheers!IMG20231209124409.jpg

Went to Societe Brewing yesterday (Clairemont Mesa/San Diego)
beer.jpg

Indoor/outdoor seating, nice vibe, good selection of beers on-tap, a Mexican food truck on-site for lunch - good times.

We sampled a flight and came home with some tasty IPAs.
sampler.jpg

Was bummed that I had to go into corpus to get my celebration but I wasn't going to miss out this year. Last year our HEB had it here in town. But.....I was rewarded! Having had all except CYPB, full proof is my favorite of the bunch and what a bottle for 60 bucks. Cheers!View attachment 83384

I bought that after seeing your posts. It's pretty good, I like the Celebration.

Nothing on tap except a Cran-apple Cider. Will get back to brewing this coming weekend. We brought back a good assortment from Bend, and all gone. Will be drinking a Founder's Backwoods Bastard after supper. Until then, it's gold top (Miller Lite).

Made a visit to Karl Strauss on Friday (Sorrento Mesa/San Diego).

Pretty location with Japanese Garden/Koi Pond. Good selection of beer on tap, good lunch selection.
Karl.jpg

Koy.jpg

Had a nice lunch, sampled a flight of four beers: Mosaic, Tower X, Boat Shoes hazy, Aurora Hoppyalis and came home with the Aurora:
aurora.jpg

Good times!

Had an adventure yesterday visiting Lightning Brewing in Poway.

Tucked away, practically hidden in an industrial park complex. Very small tasting room, we were they only ones there at opening. Friendly owner/brew master. We sampled a flight while munching on In-n-Out burgers we picked up on the way.
Lightning.jpg

flight.jpg

Came home with a growler of the Blue Sky IPA - a classic/clean West Coast IPA.
blue-sky.jpg

I had Founders for the first time this year. The Kentucky Breakfast Stout.

It ranks up there with my other favorite stouts or porters.

I like every style of beer. Amber is my least favorite, because it's too much in the middle. Not light, nor hoppy.

But, I do like the amber that a local brewery makes, especially because they use it as the base for their pumpkin beer.

And I like Mendocino Brewery's Red Tail Ale. So even with my less preferred style, there is still someone that makes one I like.

I've been meaning to try Newcastle for a while. The same time I make the All Day IPA purchase, I'll also get Newcastle.

So I'll try two people's recommendations from this thread.
Ever tried Founders Backwoods Bastard? Now, that's a great beer for a Winter night. Spendy but worth it!

Some friends and I have been recently trying to go to a craft beer place, or brewery, frequently.

We went to a craft beer patio in November.

A brewery that they had been to but I hadn't, in December. For this one, I was a little disappointed that the two beers I had wanted the most, from their online menu, wasn't available in person that day.

Back