Beef Tenderloin Filet, Asparagus with Béarnaise Sauce, and Lobster Tail

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Today, explorers found the rocket motors from an Apollo moon mission in the ocean. These rocket motors were designed and built in Huntsville AL where we work, play, our kids and grandkids live ...and has become our adopted home. This is on the eve of the Apollo moon landing which shares it's anniversary with SWMBO's birthday. I affectionately call her SWMBO, but in reality she is my bride of 21 years and a pretty darn good Wife, Mom, Nana, and Friend. SWMBO doesn't ask for much (LOL -- yeah right), but the other day I asked her where she wanted to go to eat for her birthday. There are some pretty good fancy restaurants around here but instead of going out she asked me to cook her favorite meal: Beef Tenderloin Filet, Asparagus with Béarnaise Sauce, and Lobster Tail, right here at home on the grill. I am up to the challenge. :cool:

Here's the lobster, 'gus, steaks, and butter "action shot". She doesn't eat much so she has me cut her smaller steaks and she like the thin 'gus tossed simply in olive oil and seasoned salt. The steaks were marinated in Dale's and the tails were split on the under side and seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little clarified butter:

I gotta work on my reverse sear technique:

Simple plate of wonderfully grilled morsels:

At the end of the meal she said, "It was all perfect, but you just made me the best lobster I've ever had in my life." One small step for man, one giant leap for man-kind.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to Mrs.Pannell!!!
That's pretty cool they she prefers a home cooked meal than a fancy dinner...nice cook Dwain.

Well Dwain, from what I know about you, you're one helluva husband, dad, grandpa, and friend!
You're also a HWHMTG, He Who Has Mastered The Grill!

Looks really good! Never done LBSTR-tails. They are freaking expensive around these parts. And i bet you have to know what you are doing if they should turn out anywere near the Price/LB

Great looking meal. You couldn't have had better at a restaurant at any price.
And please pass along a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Mrs..

...you just made me the best lobster I've ever had in my life.
Dwain, you will carry this until the day you....
top this cook!
Nice Grillin' buddy!
icon14.png

Back