Beef Chuck Barbacoa

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I wanted to make some beef chuck to use in tacos so I found a beer braised smoked chuck barbacoa recipe.

The ingredients.

Rubbed and refrigerated overnight.

On the WSM with some mesquite. This was after 2 hours.

At 3 hours it was time to move to the braising stage.

Back on the WSM.

Checking on it.

This is after 7.5 hours total.

Sorry no plated shots, we did have some wonderful tacos. This turned out great. It was very tender and just fell apart. My wife, who generally does not like smoked chuck, raved about how good it was.
Thanks for looking.:cool:

Yumm! I was just thinking about barbacoa. Yours looks like it was great! Not sure it even needs anything more than that!

Well Pat, that's a bit of inspiration if you ask me! I find chuck and English roasts on sale pretty often around here. That just might have to happen around here PDQ!

That looks great Pat. Got one similar cooking in the indoor Weber (40+ mph winds again today) as we speak for tacos tonight. We picked up a couple of nice chucks last week on sale for $1.89 a pound, couldn't turn down that deal.

I can only imagine how good the tacos turned out. Perfect job with the beef. From your ingredients pic I can tell the flavor was great.

Never had that (knowingly) want some now. Excellent cook

Thanks Chuck. I was very happy that I found a smoked chuck recipe that my wife loved, first time that has happened. I took some to work and gave some to a couple of my buddies who actually know their way around a grill and both were impressed. I will be making this again.

Back