Beef & Beans

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Freezer diving turned up a forgotten Tri-Tip.

Rubbed with Oakridge Santa Maria and Carne Crosta.

pn38slH.jpg

Cooked over a bed of RO lump and red oak using the Caliente grill attachment on top of a Weber Performer. Pulled with an internal temp of 130*.

kTXjChH.jpg

While the roast was resting, made a batch of bacon/poblano/pinquito beans.

QqcckGS.jpg

Tri-Tip on top of a chimichurri board dressing.

qMwrviu.jpg

Plated with the beans and some garlic bread. Time To Eat!!!

fJuxntX.jpg

Am still learning how to cook with this setup: for the most part, it's a direct cook and the lid is not used.
The temps are not controlled with the vents - it's done by adjusting the distance of the bottom coal grate to the cooking grate.
Maybe a snake would work for low and slow and using the vents/lid. Need to check that out.

Last edited:
This one scared me when I saw the 3rd photo, a pan full of beans, and thought, no, he's not really going to mix that tri tip in with the beans.......
It all looks delicious!

Tasty Looking meal! I was freezer diving last night and found a tri tip too! It will be a meal sometime this week.

Looks great, I also make chimichurri when I do Tri-Tip. It's hard to find in Chicago, but I found a store that generally has it. I follow Chris's recipe on the site and it turns out great every time!

Killer TT Robert. Never thought to serve it up with beans, will have to rethink that

Great looking combo Robert! Tri Tip looks delicious, but those that Pinquito Bean Relish really caught my eye. Will be trying that...soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Back