Beef “not sure what to call these” rib things

Thanks for being just as in the dark with terminology when it comes to things at the local Latino market. This one is really nice, they had a fire at the old one and moved into a spot five times bigger! They taco stand in the front corner makes some really amazing street tacos! They had some of those for fairly cheap last time I was in there. Also they have the most amazing chiccarones! Especially when they are still a little warm!
Those look really amazing, how long, etc.?

Last edited:
They look great, Jim!
I think the cut is called flanken, and I've wanted to try these for some time now.

They look great, Jim!
I think the cut is called flanken, and I've wanted to try these for some time now.
That's IT Bob! Thanks, buddy!!
Those look really amazing, how long, etc.?
i flipped them over & over quite often over high heat.. raised the grates often as well... total time from start to finish about 15 minutes or so...

Those look great Jim. We have a a Mexican market that's in a converted house in the older part of town. They have some awesome combinations of meats and all things Mexican. Haven't been over there in a long time, seeing your cook time to make a trip to see what they have.

I call it dinner.......
I also have these in my freezer but not sure exactly what to do with them.
Charcoal as hot as you can get it?....looks like its hot with no lid or cover on it.
Would you say it was cooked close to the pulled beef temps to get them to a point where they are tender??? It looks like they would be a tough piece of meat and cooking them over really hot makes it sound like a really tough cook.
Looks great.

I call it dinner.......
I also have these in my freezer but not sure exactly what to do with them.
Charcoal as hot as you can get it?....looks like its hot with no lid or cover on it.
Would you say it was cooked close to the pulled beef temps to get them to a point where they are tender??? It looks like they would be a tough piece of meat and cooking them over really hot makes it sound like a really tough cook.
Looks great.
i say wing-it! Let'er Rip!

In my parts they are not called flanken ribs, they like to call them Korean short ribs.
They look very marbled and tasty......so marbled it looks like the meat doesn't want to stay together. I'm going to " wing it " for sure....once I figure out what kind of spice I should be putting on it. It feels like a traditional steak spice wouldn't be the best, maybe it's because they call them Korean ribs.....Hot n fast.......

Back