Backyard Dinner and a Movie Night

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Was suppose to be a cool evening tonight so started a fire in the fire pit and set up or projector to watch a couple of movies outside.

Broke out a couple of pie irons and made some grilled sandwiches using deli turkey, swiss cheese, sauteed onion with fire grilled poblano chilies and jalapenos on oat nut bread with a side of broccoli cheddar soup.

Was an awesome evening, got to eat a pretty good meal and watched a couple of good movies with my favorite person person in this world!

You had dinner and a movie with Chris Allingham?! WOW!
We have our fire pit set up specifically for our projector screen, and it is the main reason I went with thec Direc-tv wireless gienie. Great looking sandwiches, I think those pie irons would be a hit around here, I may have to look into a couple. Looks like it was a great date night.
Tim

Now this is a fantastic dinner any night love the movie part too. Around here the insect repellent smell would be on the high side along with the humidity.

It doesn't get much better than that, John! :) Dinner looks fantabulous and I love your outdoor theater.

Ha, a cool evening in San Diego, what in the low 70s?:rolleyes: I know you SoCal guys love to tell us about your cold weather in the winter. Barb and I lived in Lake Forest in Orange County for almost 30 years and loved to do that to our friends back east.
Seriously that looks like a fun evening and great dinner, nicely done John.

Looks like a wonderful evening John. Those grilled sandwiches look and sound delicious as does the soup. Like the pie irons.

We love being outside, what a wonderful night you had going on John. The only thing missing is popcorn :)

Pie irons are great fun! If I had tried that here last night it would have been OK only if we wore the snowmobile suits at 28F.
I think low 70's would have been perfect!

Back