Attitude on Weber Summit Charcoal Grill pricing

Which of these statements describe your feelings about the PRICING of Weber SCGs?

• The Summit Charcoal Grill is priced fairly.

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • The Summit Charcoal Grill is priced too high.

Votes: 161 63.9%
  • The Summit Charcoal Grilling Center is priced fairly.

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • The Summit Charcoal Grilling Center is priced too high.

Votes: 158 62.7%
  • I intend to buy one of these grills in the next 12 months.

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • I aspire to buy one of these grills someday.

Votes: 71 28.2%
  • I have no interest in ever buying one of these grills.

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • I would buy a Weber charcoal grill at these prices if it had more/better features.

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • I would buy a charcoal grill at these prices, but not a Weber.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I would never buy ANY brand of charcoal grill at these prices.

Votes: 76 30.2%

• Total voters
I considered the Primo Oval XL, but went with the WSCG. My reasons for doing so were as follows: superior thermal insulation, inferior heat retention (allowing you to adjust temps easier), two settings for the charcoal grate, superior ash management system, lower weight and superior mobility, won't crack, no need to buy accessories (although I did purchase the expansion rack), and gas assist.

I have been pleased with my purchase and haven't looked back at the Primo Oval, although I do believe it's a fine cooker.

Its not the "PIT"
Its the PIT MASTER!!
I respect anyone that wants to spend $2,000 on a grill... but not this guy..not in this lifetime

I can buy the model with the side table for $1295 delivered no sales tax through a workplace discount program of my employer. Tempting.

I can buy the model with the side table for $1295 delivered no sales tax through a workplace discount program of my employer. Tempting.

I feel that is about where it should be priced to begin with. Very tempting offer for sure and glad I'm not face with that decision. Haha...

That's tempting and as Andy said, probably about where it should be priced. Were I in the market for something like that, I'd be thinking about it. But for the same kind of $$ you could get a Large or XL BGE, Primo, etc with accessories. If costs were about the same, I'd probably go in the ceramic direction though.

That's tempting and as Andy said, probably about where it should be priced. Were I in the market for something like that, I'd be thinking about it. But for the same kind of $$ you could get a Large or XL BGE, Primo, etc with accessories. If costs were about the same, I'd probably go in the ceramic direction though.

Does Tha include a nest or cart?

I haven't priced them out formally, but I believe you could include a nest. I think the XL retails for $1,199 and the nest is another $150 or $200.

If you take a BGE XL, nest, deflector, and so on, you're right at the same price Weber has for the (non-GC) WSC. I know a lot of people bemoan that $1500 street price, but if you're looking at the bigger name ceramics (BGE, KJ), you're in the same ballpark for the same size.

Where things get murky is that the ceramics offer smaller models. Most folks don't seem to be buying the XL Egg. They're getting a medium (like my neighbor did) or maybe a large. And for those, yes, there is a significant price difference. I looked at those when I bought my WSC. I would have gone for an 18" one (Large size Egg, Classic II KJ), and those are about $400-500 cheaper than the WSC. I ended up still going with the Weber because I like their products and I preferred the idea of a metal unit (it can't fall down and shatter like ceramic can). The price wasn't that significant an issue for me at the time- I'd rather spend another few hundred and get exactly what I want. I think if Weber tried to make a 18" diameter WSC without the gas assist and get it sold for $1000 they'd be selling quite a few more.

I love my Webers...I also have a PK and a BGE that I love. For that price of $1295.00 If I was seriously in the market for a new kamado style grill I would most definitely buy it in a flash. Too many advantages over the ceramic grills to name but this will be the LAST kamado style grill you will ever need. At this price is a no brainer.

Back