Anyone have the Crate & Barrel Slate Blue Performer?

Rich, earlier and please correct me if I am wrong you said you replaced the igniter no way that should be gone in a year or so. Bad ground maybe, not flowing enough gas although I think I mentioned the fire stick would light it. You don't if I remember need to remove the table to get at the igniter. Nor if you think your plastic knob might be slipping do you need to remove the table either. Good luck report back.

I was impressed how Timothy’s new kettle was gleaming. I’ll take my chances with the slate blue but I have no issue going black if it falls through. I do really want a performer though, I’ve rearranged my BBQ area and it’s ready to go.

Last edited:
Bruno you are the man amazed at how many grills you must have you would love the perfomer mine is Brick Red nice color no offense the black to me is pretty boring. Would love the slate blue but it is what it is gonna run the Brick Red till I croak.

I think it may be that chemicals that provided some of the colors for the porcelain are no longer allowed.
That is exactly what I was told by an employee at my local bbq store just last weekend. I kind of shrugged it off until now.
He told me the epa found the chemicals used to manufacture the different color (particularly the red) kettles was harmful to the environment.
That’s why we don’t see them anymore according to him.
Who knows if he is correct but he has been selling them for over 25 years…

He told me the epa found the chemicals used to manufacture the different color (particularly the red) kettles was harmful to the environment.

Good info, I recall reading that post awhile back. It also validates why "redheads" are so sought after & bring a premium in the open market.

Cadmium is used in a vast multitude of industries. I don't think it's banned outright, but it's probably a very unhealthy process applying it as an industrial coating. Maybe more red tape than it's worth for Weber to use it.

Yep, always looking for the easiest way to get something done or it doesn't get done. My old bones don't flex like they used too.
Kind of funny what you said I fixed mine the plastic knob thing maybe 2 or years ago did not pull the table which now I am kind of thinking why not. I was 65 then turning 68 soon still would have no problem working on it underneath but now I would need to call the wife to help me get off the ground. :)

Kind of funny what you said I fixed mine the plastic knob thing maybe 2 or years ago did not pull the table which now I am kind of thinking why not. I was 65 then turning 68 soon still would have no problem working on it underneath but now I would need to call the wife to help me get off the ground. :)
Brian, I'm 73 and at that age not only is getting up a pain getting down without tweaking something is worse. Gravity is no longer my friend. :confused:

I thought about fixing up my old one with newer parts, but at 74 and health not so great that ain't gonna happen. $121 for just the table? Ha!
I absolutely Love the Gourmet Barbecue System!!!!
Why take off the whole grate to fire up a chimney or char baskets of coal???

View attachment 33069

View attachment 33070
What size Griddle Pan and you filled the Weber Chimney with how much charcoal to cook that piece of beef?

What size Griddle Pan and you filled the Weber Chimney with how much charcoal to cook that piece of beef?
Those are Skookie cast iron pans.
Here's one of my cooks using them:
I got mine for $9 on eBay, they're currently $34.95 at Amazon.

Those are Skookie cast iron pans.
Here's one of my cooks using them:
I got mine for $9 on eBay, they're currently $34.95 at Amazon.
Tell me more about the cocktail

Last edited:
Perhaps he's just a little anxious or overzealous with all of his new purchases, after all he's on a roll!

Back