Anyone have the Crate & Barrel Slate Blue Performer?

Got the same problem with my performer getting old and pretty beat up. Going to get the new lid bail and replace the starter that I replaced last year...again. Maybe a new shelf and call it done. As far as the GBS I just pretty much do the same you do, I don't find it that difficult to deal with the center section and if you use a one piece grate and a vortex you'll destroy the grate.
Really like the C&B model but never have seen one in AZ for sale.

I have the same grill in black I actually have 3 and yes I did reply. For me to get a pretty blue cb model would be 500 bucks shipped. Sorry not worth 200 bucks more.
Sorry Chad, you're still missing my point. I paid $150 for mine, used, 12 years ago and I have no doubt I can get that back out of it now. I'm not thinking of getting a new one for the blue color, but if I get one, that's the color I would like.
I really have no problem with the "plastic" table other than it staining so easily. I can get 10% off and pick up the grill locally from the store. I'm 74, retired, with some disposable income, and like Kevin said, you only live once.
All I wanted to know is who might have one, and their thoughts on it's finish.
Maybe I need Chris to delete this whole post for me.

Sorry Chad, you're still missing my point. I paid $150 for mine, used, 12 years ago and I have no doubt I can get that back out of it now. I'm not thinking of getting a new one for the blue color, but if I get one, that's the color I would like.
I really have no problem with the "plastic" table other than it staining so easily. I can get 10% off and pick up the grill locally from the store. I'm 74, retired, with some disposable income, and like Kevin said, you only live once.
All I wanted to know is who might have one, and their thoughts on it's finish.
Maybe I need Chris to delete this whole post for me.
I didn't miss what was asked. I responded to new grills fit and finish and the new upgrades. The colors I've seen are flat in person I like color options but they didn't impress me in person. I went with black and didn't want to but again the colors just didn't do it for me in person.

Other's have said some of the same things. If you want it get it I just tried to tell you my opinion like other's have on what you asked about. There is no need to delete the thread.

I thought about fixing up my old one with newer parts, but at 74 and health not so great that ain't gonna happen.
Well if you got the money just do it. I love that color also, besides I did a rebuild for a friend on the Blue Color you have and I like that color also I think you could easily sell it to the right buyer.

Got the same problem with my performer getting old and pretty beat up. Going to get the new lid bail and replace the starter that I replaced last year...again. Maybe a new shelf and call it done. As far as the GBS I just pretty much do the same you do, I don't find it that difficult to deal with the center section and if you use a one piece grate and a vortex you'll destroy the grate.
Really like the C&B model but never have seen one in AZ for sale.
I found the Vortex is hard on everything so I kinda picked the worst grill and made it the dedicated Vortex grill.

Oh crap, now I’m in trouble!! I just ordered one. 😳 Hmm how to explain to wife???? Good news is I can pick it up so no huge box showing up while I’m at work. Thanks Bob!!! I’m pumped!!

Last edited:
You are too much!!!
I’m actually going to sell a couple grills, this will make the wife happy.

edit: I did not do this. I have an unused Q-2200 I may return to Costco and get a traveler instead, but let the dust settle on this kettle.

Last edited:
HAHAHA I work hard and sometimes you just need a little something to keep you going.
Now we wait until August.
I'm not saying it will happen here but I was trying to get an ocean blue kettle for my son and they kept giving a date and that day it would just be pushed back again. I watched for a month and just ended up getting him a black performer.

I'm not saying it will happen here but I was trying to get an ocean blue kettle for my son and they kept giving a date and that day it would just be pushed back again. I watched for a month and just ended up getting him a black performer.
Good to know.

Back