Anyone have the Crate & Barrel Slate Blue Performer?

Man I'm lovin' this thread! Congrats Bruno. Can't wait to see it assembled.

I'm planning to replace my Premium with a Deluxe Performer in black. No one in the area has a black Performer with the P vents. Gotta have those or I won't upgrade. They have been out of stock for months at Weber.com until last week. I will be calling Weber to confirm the new stock indeed has the P vents. If they do, it's a done deal, it'll be coming my way.

Do you guys mind me tagging along in this thread?

Man I'm lovin' this thread! Congrats Bruno. Can't wait to see it assembled.

I'm planning to replace my Premium with a Deluxe Performer in black. No one in the area has a black Performer with the P vents. Gotta have those or I won't upgrade. They have been out of stock for months at Weber.com until last week. I will be calling Weber to confirm the new stock indeed has the P vents. If they do, it's a done deal, it'll be coming my way.

Do you guys mind me tagging along in this thread?
I noticed when the black Weber’s came in stock C&B listed the slate as in stock for a few days. I would bet those black Weber’s also have P vents. It wasn’t going to bum me out if this didn’t have them but it’s a sweet surprise.
I had bought my SNS as a searing tool but with the P vents I think I would have to try and smoke something!

Last edited:
Just looked at the C&B Slate Performers, SWEET!!! Both stores in my area show early September arrival...... Darn it!

Hopefully mine won't be too far behind.
I was surprised to see C&B had already charged my credit card back on July 28.
Looking forward to Bruno's tips on assembly.

Congrats, Bob. I'll bet yours will arrive before Sept. I am very tempted to order the Slate from C&B and get the 10% off. If you can wait, I can wait. :LOL:

It didn't take me long to unsubscribe from their emails, they were coming way too often.
Got my 10% off, that's all I cared about.

I will be interested to heard your opinions on the P vents after you 3 get your new C&B performers assembled and cooking. It looks very interesting concept,I am interested in hearing about the pros and cons of heat/temp control till them I will just have keep trudging along with old school equipment.20210320_124823.jpg

Attachments

• 20201226_145625.jpg
    20201226_145625.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 7
Congrats, Bob. I'll bet yours will arrive before Sept. I am very tempted to order the Slate from C&B and get the 10% off. If you can wait, I can wait. :LOL:
Bobs should be coming soon, when they came in stock last week on the C&B website I called and he said mine was on its way. I figure before putting it in stock on the website all current orders were filled. Including Bob’s.

Last edited:
I noticed when the black Weber’s came in stock C&B listed the slate as in stock for a few days. I would bet those black Weber’s also have P vents. It wasn’t going to bum me out if this didn’t have them but it’s a sweet surprise.
I had bought my SNS as a searing tool but with the P vents I think I would have to try and smoke something!
You should try the SnS for smoking, I use it more for that then for searing or a combination of both. i.e. Those chops you did the other day, you could have smoked them for 45-60 minutes & then seared them off.

Bruno,
Now that you have had a chance to look at the Slate Blue finish, how does it compare to the quality of the gloss black finishes that Weber is famous for?

Last edited:
I only looked for a second,
I think the finish is going to be flat compared to that. Personally I love it but it’s not glossy.
It's a "matt" finish, like the Crimson kettles, maybe some of the Special Edition Red too. Not sure if it's on purpose, or just a result of green manufacturing. I like them all, but probably still prefer the glossy.

CharlieO has an assortment of modern kettle colors, maybe he can chime in.

It's a "matt" finish, like the Crimson kettles, maybe some of the Special Edition Red too. Not sure if it's on purpose, or just a result of green manufacturing. I like them all, but probably still prefer the glossy.

CharlieO has an assortment of modern kettle colors, maybe he can chime in.
Actually the Red LE is glossier then most pictures indicate.

Exactly, no doubt, but I believe you were the one who mentioned restrictions on that color & that is one reason why it was done in in China. FYI, I do have one bought it from Amazon in 2018 & have yet to use it!

I haven't seen a color in person I like. Wanted to get something other then black yet here I am all black. Not sure why they can make black gloss and nothing else.

I haven't seen a color in person I like. Wanted to get something other then black yet here I am all black. Not sure why they can make black gloss and nothing else.
I hear what your saying, I also have a "copper-top" that is pretty nice, also never used. I'm starting to feel like a groupie or some kind of hoarder!

Back