Anyone have the Crate & Barrel Slate Blue Performer?

WOOHOO, delivery between 12-3 tomorrow!!!
SnS Easy Spin grate should be here tomorrow also.
You are right Bruno, it's going to be a great weekend. I need to get something out of the freezer.
Get it good & seasoned with some cheeseburgers!

Got it together (it only takes three beers) and moved to the patio. :LOL:
20210820_165131.jpg
I was very happy with the packaging, ended up with a heck of a stack of recyclable cardboard and a nice oak pallet. The assembly was as easy as it gets and every part fit perfect. Weber really does have this figured out!
I did add the fireblack gasket to the lid per @Tim Snyder recommendation and, yep, it's like closing the door on a Mercedes. Thanks Tim, you're the man!

Last edited:
It appears my Performer was put together wrong when they got to the ash pan and sweep arm. It's not very convenient being accessed from the end. I never gave it a thought until seeing these new builds.

1629554085312.png

Got it together (it only takes three beers) and moved to the patio. :LOL:
View attachment 35268
I was very happy with the packaging, ended up with a heck of a stack of recyclable cardboard and a nice oak pallet. The assembly was as easy as it gets and every part fit perfect. Weber really does have this figured out!
I did add the fireblack gasket to the lid per @Tim Snyder recommendation and, yep, it's like closing the door on a Mercedes. Thanks Tim, you're the man!
Ok what are you cooking today?

Colin - I heard your excitement yesterday 20 miles to the south. Congratulations! I may need to stop by and meet you in person and try not to drool on it.

New delivery update, moved from early to possibly middle of September.
I'm on the verge of canceling my order. :mad:
Bob,
Keep the faith look at itcthisxqay mid September you will still all ofcthecfall for great grilling which is a great time of year to grill.
I am looking forward to your first cook and photos.

I'm sure I'll love it, just not too happy with a store that charges your card right away, back in July, and still doesn't have the goods. The covid holdup excuse can only work for so long.

I'm sure I'll love it, just not too happy with a store that charges your card right away, back in July, and still doesn't have the goods. The covid holdup excuse can only work for so long.
Like I stated back in July in this very thread this happened to me with an ocean blue kettle and ended up just getting a black kettle for my son. After over a month I gave up. I was getting it for a Christmas gift so I had to act while they still had black in stock. The blue never showed in time that I recall.

Another update, estimated early October.
My patience is getting very thin. If it doesn't come by then I'll likely cancel.
We pay off our cc monthly, otherwise I would have accrued interest charges since July.
Don't sell 'em if you don't have 'em and can't get 'em!

Back