Anybody ever heard of brown durawood?

Steve Hoch

TVWBB Platinum Member
So a friend of mine who used to work for Weber has an interesting old grill that he has graciously decided to let me have for possible restoration. The grill is interesting for a couple reasons and I will post more of it's backstory later after I get it home and can take some more pictures of it. I will say that according to him, it's a one off grill consisting of brown durawood and a Platinum series lid with a Jack Daniels logo. There is no paperwork for the grill but he remembers that he acquired it in 1996. More to follow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524-001450.png
    Screenshot_20240524-001450.png
    633.5 KB · Views: 66
There is a joke lying right there but, decorum prohibits!
I will say that ls a very cool grill especially in green! My experience with green Jack is limited but, it was certainly a good one!
All spiffy, that would grace anyone’s festival space! I’m sorry the “Blue Steel” grill won’t be ready for this weekend. The WSM and three kettles will have to suffice!
Off to plant at some cemeteries!

So a friend of mine who used to work for Weber has an interesting old grill that he has graciously decided to let me have for possible restoration. The grill is interesting for a couple reasons and I will post more of it's backstory later after I get it home and can take some more pictures of it. I will say that according to him, it's a one off grill consisting of brown durawood and a Platinum series lid with a Jack Daniels logo. There is no paperwork for the grill but he remembers that he acquired it in 1996. More to follow.

Not sure why they would have went with grey instead of this... I remember when the wood slats on my redhead went bad and weber warranty replaced them with the grey durawood ... I hated weber that day ...

I can only guess that Weber felt like it was time to move away from the wood look altogether and try for something more "modern." Now we look back with nostalgia at the old wood slat grills (I certainly do), and this brown seems like a great idea.

Very cool pickup, there @Steve Hoch! Lot's of potential to make an extra nice restore.

As a bonus I also got a brand new handle for a Silver B/C and an additional new brown durawood handle. This is good since the original handle looks like an animal was chewing on it.IMG_20240528_151753209.jpg

Back