Any advice for first attempt at boneless skinless thighs?

Jason L. T.

First time trying this cut, using a genesis this time, going to smoke on wsm next time. I’d like to do these with bbq sauce, would you guys recommend all indirect on the genesis? Any suggested grill temp? Thanks

Hi Jason! I usually brine mine first for a couple hours. Sometimes I do them fast and sizzling hot, other times lower and slower. Tbh, I think I like the super hot method best. When they hit 125 or so, I then kill a burner and move them to the cool-ish side till they hit around 160. Their resting time will bring them to 165. For saucing, I usually baste them during the final stage of cooking, making sure not to cross contaminate...I use two brushes for that. You could also place them in a foil pan and add the sauce then.

I wont' walk away from the grill once boneless thighs are on the grill, so having a beverage and the serving dish ready when they go on is my suggestion.

I usually cook them fairly hot, and have a cool spot to move them to when they are getting close to being done.

On my Silver B I would run the front and the middle burner on high, and cook them there. I cooked them lid-up so it was only direct heat.

my cool area was the warming rack in the back where they would hang out if they started to catch fire or if some were cooking faster. Sometimes I'd run the back burner on low.

good luck. making me hungry.

Trouble is they usually have about as much flavor as the Styrofoam packaging they came in. Maybe the packing might even taste a little better :D

Ahh stupid me. I saw B&S and immediately my mind tricked my eyes into seeing "breast" not thigh. Actually I use them pretty often but not on the grill. I use them when I am making my chicken and risotto in the pressure cooker. Where they make a wonderful 10 min meal

I agree Larry, BSCBs are the most flavorless meats available. I thought we had used all the ones we had and good riddance. But Barb inventoried the big freezer and found eight more of the suckers hiding in the back.
Hope the dogs like them cuz that's whos going to get them.
I do love thighs both bone in and boneless.

Thighs are my favorite part, breasts are good for chicken and rice soup and chicken salad, first grab is always a thigh. I only use the boneless skinless for making jambalaya

Back