Another B&B sale at Ace

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
Don't know if this will work for everyone, but was using my Ace phone app, looking at their 15% off any one item sale, that is today only. Was gonna try to buy some B&B Oak charcoal in the orange bag at $14 per bag. But it would not let me add to cart, then it pops up at $8 per bag. Don't ask me how that happened, but I bought three bags.

Regular price at Academy is $8 per bag, but my Academy never has it in stock.

My local Ace is pretty small and even though they carry a few bags of B&B lump, they don't carry the oak briqs.
I found it listed as in stock at other area Aces, but for a few more dollars than it showed listed at my store. I found out Ace stores are individually owned and each owner can set their own prices.
I have 2 bags of the briqs on order at mine, they're listed as on sale for $13.99, normally $14.99.

I like the oak briqs. They used to be way easier to get at academy. I find with Academy the best thing to do is order online for pickup. Sometimes they have stuff in stock that's not on the shelfs. I got a couple of bags of the oak lump this way.

Yeah, that 15% is only for regular priced items. That would have been a good get. Oh well.

It looks like B&B briquettes are now excluded from coupons, this is disappointing. Is anyone else seeing this?

It looks like B&B briquettes are now excluded from coupons, this is disappointing. Is anyone else seeing this?
<shrug> Not surprising in the least, to exclude your fast moving inventory from the coupons & sales.

I snagged a couple 20lb bags of the "All Natural Oak Hardwood Lump" for $11.99 a bag, regularly $19.99.
I would've bought more, but I don't use lump very often, and have never used it for smoking and have at least 20 bags of KBB already. I'm out of room!

I mostly use lump to kick start the coal bed on my stick burner. Occasionally I'll grill a steak with it. I've only used it in my WSM for direct heat cooks without the waterpan.

I use almost exclusively B+B lump, oak & hickory, in both my charcoal grill and my gravity fed smoker. Burns clean and low ash. I really dislike briquettes, they produce several times more ash per lb. than lump, and at least for me, are apparently much harder to light.

Getting a couple of bags from my little Ace has been like pulling teeth.
They don't carry the briquets, so I had them order 2 bags. They called yesterday to say they were in. The gal brought out 2 bags of B&B lump.
I had already gone there a few weeks ago when they said they had some in store. I need a new Ace!!

I think Ace is on to me. I get two " $5 off $20 " coupons from them every month. I generally buy two bags of B&B Oak and use the coupon. I just tried it and they've excluded the B&B from the coupon offer.

But hey, I've got a good stockpile, anyway. I think I'll be alright till Academy gets it back in stock at $8 a bag.

I get those coupons too and I think of what I want to buy with them, until I look at the back and see all the name brands you CAN'T use them on and I wonder what they're even good for.

Orscheln Farm & Home has B & B oak briqs 17.6 lb bags on sale, ends today, for $7.99, or $4 off regular. Flyer was found online.
My closest store is 21 miles away and it closes in 3 hours so I called to make sure it was in stock, they said yes, several bags. They took my name and will let me get the sale price when I get there tomorrow. Hopefully they do have it, not like my local Ace.

Back