Annual Halloween Brisket Chili

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I make a batch of this every year for our annual Halloween party. I use THIS RECIPE that I've posted in the recipes section in the past, and I usually go about 50/50 ground beef and diced, smoked brisket point. I doubled things up for the party batch, so I've got a total of 6lbs of meat in this pot. I think I noted it in the recipe, but when using the smoked brisket, I add that (diced) to the chili after the 2.5 hour simmer. The brisket is already cooked, so no need to abuse it further! :)

1635540311949.jpeg

When I reheat it on Sunday, I'll probably have to add a little liquid, as this will thicken up quite a bit as the meat absorbs some of the "sauce". Had a taste, and it's already good.....which means it should be really good in a couple of days! :)

R

Would be fun to have TWBB chili fest this year.... chili made with with smoked brisket or chuck is pretty hard to beat.

I've made that chili numerous times with some minor modifications. it's very good. I usually make mine when the first snow fly's. Kind of hard to enjoy a bowl of red when it's still 70+ outside. Always save the points for that though.

Back